We arrived in the first week of the rainy season for our pre-honeymoon. ( we were married on the 9th and arrived on the st to relax and get in the right mindset for our wedding.) After 30 solid hours of travel, the searing heat of the Pacific coast in May, and heavy traffic on unfamiliar roads, the staff at oxygen has us relaxed, refreshed and delighted within 15 minutes of our arrival. As you might imagine we were extra sensitive to the quality and beauty of the establishment as this was part of our honeymoon that we had been planning and saving for for over a year. Every single aspect of the resort met or exceeded our expectations.
The resort is run by Ed and Floortje, who must have six sigma black belts in management. Their incredibly professional yet friendly and relaxing interaction with clients extends down to every member of their staff. There wasn't a single representative of the establishment that didn't constantly strive to make us feel welcome and they all did their utmost to meet our every need.
Floortje, trained in architecture, designed the resort form the ground up and each piece of it is a unified part of a whole that effortlessly combines form and function. The care and detail goes down to the door hanging hardware and the in-pool speakers. ( I understand this last was Ed's personal passion.)
Many others have said it, but one of the shining jewels in their crown is their nightly surprise menu. It is advertised as a 4 course meal, but it's closer to 5 courses. In 7 nights that gave us 35 dishes, none of which were repeated twice. Ranging from the exotic to the familiar, each dish is prepared in a way you might never expect. And they're not kidding that each ingredient is bought and prepared freshly that very day. Every course was in fact a new adventure and a surprise delight. We met Chiba (SP?) The chef, and we can say without exaggeration that we will miss him wherever we travel.
If you even need to venture out of the resort, the nearby roads and hills conceal a surprising wealth of interesting experiences. Tours of every kind are available from scuba to ultra-light flights. Ed is always super helpful for booking, recommendations, and he has near savant skills at impromptu map making to help you get where you are going. You can drive in less than 30 minutes to a beautiful and deserted Uvita beach, or a lively and surf oriented Dominical.
And each night you come back from your adventures you can look forward to peach and magnificence in the mountains.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oxygen Jungle Villas is a small-scale and exclusive Balinese style boutique hotel. Located in Uvita, in the middle of the Costa Ballena, Costa Rica's South Pacific hotspot. We guarantee individual and personalized service and a maximum of 24 guests (adults only) at all times, staying in one of the only 12 villas on the Oxygen estate. All this only minutes away from some of the most pristine beaches in the world and centrally located between Costa Rica's most beautiful National Parks. Perfect for your Costa Rica honeymoon, or simply to become acquainted with the jungle, toucans, howler monkeys, and the other wonderful wildlife that Costa Rica has to offer. With dozens of tours to choose from, and a zen atmosphere overlooking the infinity pool, there is something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Jetsetter, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Expedia, BookIt.com and Priceline so you can book your Oxygen Jungle Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Hotel Uvita
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Costa Rica/Uvita