It is incredible. I agree with the other reviewers -- the pictures cannot do this place justice. It is absolutely stunning. Here are the brief takeaways and things to know:
-The staff are really warm, friendly, and great at their jobs. The staff who really helped us have a great honeymoon were - Angelica who booked anything and everything we needed so quickly and efficiently. Raynor who did the exact same and was always kind and calm. Victor, Dariel, and Harold who were excellent servers and bartenders. Dariel makes the best pineapple juice we had in Uvita. And Victor and Dariel's caparihnas were truly incredible.
-We stayed in Villa #3 -- it is ocean view with the jungle around you. We thought it was the best villa from looking around the resort. We felt like we had a lot of privacy and where we perched gave us an unparalleled view.
-I would recommend renting a car. The road up is serious and you have to have four wheel drive. I was pretty scared driving down it the first time but after a couple times of mastering it you will be totally fine.
-The pool is stunning and the drinks are really good so it wouldn't be a bad idea to plan lots of days to just hang out and lounge while you're there.
-There are great beaches very close by -- most of them in the national park so it costs $6/day/person to access the whole park which includes 3 or 4 big beaches. The beaches are wild and beautiful and actually fairly diverse from one another -- at least the ones we surfed and hung out in.
-The food at the resort is really, really good. It is american pricing. The coconut crusted sea bass was my favorite thing that I ate. The guacamole was excellent. There is almost always a special and the chefs - Donald and Josue - seem to be up for anything (new ideas, changes, etc).
I cannot recommend this place enough. We would love to go back there again someday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oxygen Jungle Villas is a small-scale and exclusive Balinese style boutique hotel. Located in Uvita, in the middle of the Costa Ballena, Costa Rica’s South Pacific hotspot. We guarantee individual and personalized service and a maximum of 24 guests (adults only) at all times, staying in one of the only 12 one-bedroom villas on the Oxygen estate. All this only minutes from some of the most pristine beaches in the world and centrally located between Costa Rica's most beautiful National Parks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Jetsetter and Venere so you can book your Oxygen Jungle Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Hotel Uvita
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Costa Rica/Uvita