We have always wanted to travel to this area in Costa Rica but were concerned with the distance from the airport and or the flight connections on the smaller aircraft. We decided to split our journey and transfer from the cloud forest a few days after our arrival and fly back. The transfer driver Martin was wonderful thanks to Chuck at Oxygen reassuring us of a safe and easy though lengthy trip given my health issues. We almost arrived without a hitch but a recent storm had toppled a large tree across our road up the mountain nearer the top and pulled most of the electrical lines down with it. Oxygen sent a jeep to meet us and we pretended to be in boot camp as we pushed our luggage and backpacks under the fallen tree and wriggled our way through the downed lines. We were warmly greeted by Mat and helped to our room which was exquisite but some back up lanterns charged properly and some candles would have helped to smooth the situation over a bit better!! The bungalows and lush jungle setting were a fairytale come to life and the staff especially Victor on his first evening as host and server was extraordinary as was the rest of the crew. Sylvia was so helpful with suggestions and information and making transfers work smoothly to do the things we wanted without renting a car. It is a $1000.00 deposit just to let people know.!! Roy, Linda from the spa and the world class chef made this boutique lodging experience most memorable. Monsieur Harpe, the owner and architect of this Bali style Eden has indeed created a true getaway in paradise for those with a spirit of adventure. Thank you all so very much!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oxygen Jungle Villas is a small-scale and exclusive Balinese style boutique hotel. Located in Uvita, in the middle of the Costa Ballena, Costa Rica's South Pacific hotspot. We guarantee individual and personalized service and a maximum of 24 guests (adults only) at all times, staying in one of the only 12 villas on the Oxygen estate. All this only minutes away from some of the most pristine beaches in the world and centrally located between Costa Rica's most beautiful National Parks. Perfect for your Costa Rica honeymoon, or simply to become acquainted with the jungle, toucans, howler monkeys, and the other wonderful wildlife that Costa Rica has to offer. With dozens of tours to choose from, and a zen atmosphere overlooking the infinity pool, there is something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Oxygen Jungle Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Hotel Uvita
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Costa Rica/Uvita