I agree with the last few posters about Oxygen. My husband and I stayed here in April 2013, and although the views, scenery, and ambiance were beautiful, we were really disappointed. This place has so much potential, but needs a lot of improvement in services, and amenities. The owner, as the other posters stated, did work on his laptop all day by the pool. I also found this inappropriate, especially as there was a response from management on tripadvisor to a recent post that this wouldn't happen anymore teh day before we arrived. We experienced this our whole time. Not only that, we also overheard conversations about staff efficiencies, what needed to be done in each room, etc. It made it extremely uncomfortable since this is a small place with only 12 villas, so when you are the only 2 people at the dining area at breakfast and have to overhear all business conversations it makes it less than pleasant. The food was good and fresh, although there was one day when we made the trek back to the hotel for lunch and to relax by the pool and were told the chef went home sick so we couldn't get lunch. Royiner did arrange for us to get some snacks (not sure if the chef came back?) so that was much appreciated. I wanted to love this place so much more as I had most looked forward to staying here of the 3 hotels we were at in Costa Rica, but it really fell short. The staff tried very hard, but they could use some help. Having to serve food, bar tend, clean tables, check in and check out is a lot for one person. It took us over 30 minutes to check out since there were three villas trying to leave at the same time, and only 1 person to help. On the plus side, Victor, Royiner and Sylvia are all fantastic. Overall, the villas and views are beautiful, but for the price there are better values in Uvita and the area.
- Also Known As:
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Hotel
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Hotel Uvita
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Costa Rica/Uvita
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oxygen Jungle Villas is a small-scale and exclusive Balinese style boutique hotel. Located in Uvita, in the middle of the Costa Ballena, Costa Rica’s South Pacific hotspot. We guarantee individual and personalized service and a maximum of 24 guests (adults only) at all times, staying in one of the only 12 one-bedroom villas on the Oxygen estate. All this only minutes from some of the most pristine beaches in the world and centrally located between Costa Rica's most beautiful National Parks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Jetsetter, Splendia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, MrandMrsSmith and Venere so you can book your Oxygen Jungle Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.