We stayed for 2 nights in Unit 12. This was a very private jungle view. I was skeptical about not having an ocean view, but it was really neat and different. We saw lots birds and animals sitting on our sofa in the morning. Overall, this place is enjoyable, but frustrating. Apparently, there is an unwritten rule, that the pool could not be used from 730pm to 1030pm, as the dinner tables are pool side. I understand it, but it felt awkward when we were the only 2 having dinner and another couple wanted to swim. I think it is perfect for honeymooners (we were not)...but it is missing a few key, simple design elements to make it work. (Please note, this is written from the point of view of our unit, the others could be different). There were no luggage racks, or anyplace to put our luggage. We travel with rollerboards and are used to "living out of them" so they were on the floor of the bathroom. The clothing "shelves" are stained in black, and are cubby holes built into the backside of the headboard and at night, even with all the lights on, it was difficult to see in them. There were no hooks to hang wet towels, or wet bathing suits, just hangers in the closet shelving area. In general, the hanging areas are limited, which included the rails used to open the stall door. The shower design looks cool, (rock floors, all glass, nice shower head) but leaked all over the floor and well, on our suitcases that we stored there. Management is aware of the problem and happily gave us extra towels we could put on the floor. The floor in the unit is high polished tile...slippery when wet.
There was only one small plastic table to be used as a night stand. So if we wanted to lay in bed and have coffee or wine, there was no place to put the glasses except on the floor.
We enjoyed sitting on the sofa but a ceiling fan outside on the porch would be a great amenity to add.
The air-conditioning and ceiling fan worked great in the unit! We were pleasantly surprised by the free high speed wifi signal as our unit was the furthest away.
We had dinner, there were no menus, just a description of the daily specials, which were really delicious...but we didn't know how much it was going to cost until we checked out.
The pool area is nice and quaint, looks at the ocean, and very Balinese with an infinity edge. And the size if the pool area allows you to get to know your neighbors! Nice lounge chairs, although I recommend getting additional towels to cover the wicker when laying by the pool. The pool drink menu is limited.
We enjoyed the river walk and the waterfall was lovely!
The staff exceeds all expectations and is happy to do whatever you want and need to make your stay enjoyable.
All the issues aside, we really enjoyed our stay, and I would recommend it. I realize the issues listed here are specific to us and our needs as travelers.
- Also Known As:
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Hotel
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Hotel Uvita
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Costa Rica/Uvita
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oxygen Jungle Villas is a small-scale and exclusive Balinese style boutique hotel. Located in Uvita, in the middle of the Costa Ballena, Costa Rica’s South Pacific hotspot. We guarantee individual and personalized service and a maximum of 24 guests (adults only) at all times, staying in one of the only 12 one-bedroom villas on the Oxygen estate. All this only minutes from some of the most pristine beaches in the world and centrally located between Costa Rica's most beautiful National Parks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Splendia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, MrandMrsSmith, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Oxygen Jungle Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.