Though we stayed only one night, en route to the Osa Peninsula, we felt the vibe this unique place surrounds you as soon as you start climbing towards its gates...
We stopped at the "La Catarata" family-operated, affordable and excellent, restaurant/bar for a bite, a beer, and a short hike to the waterfall on the premises, before entering the mystery...
We were glad our travel-agent Aidan Mullan (Costarican Vacations) insisted we have a 4x4 on route to the south of Costa Rica. This place, high into the forests carpeting the slopes to the impressive mountains in the backdrop, was indeed demanding we had one.
Once there, we were warmly welcomed by the staff, and invited to a drink by our pretty and kind host, Zoe. She picked an ocean-view (others are all-jungle-view) accommodation for us, which we thoroughly enjoyed. The villas are spacious, private, comfortable and well-built, beautiful as they are in total glass encasing and with wooden cathedral ceilings offering a different twist to a master bedroom with a view from all sides.
The jade color infinity pool, inlaid within a dark-colored wooden deck, decorated by elegant oriental parasols - among tropical flowering plants, and animals showing up here and there - is simply magnificent. Also underwater, you swim with music...
A big statue is the heart of the pool-site, but you have your own " silent guardian", in your own room. In fact, there are several pieces of art, in stone and wood, seemingly original Balinese throughout the property.
The yoga/meditation "hut" in the woods, for you to use, is also built with what I gather is also antique Balinese wooden, richly decorated, panels. Across there's the Spa.
Continuing from there, on a trail leading deeper into the rainforest, you eventually reach a stream coming down in waterfalls and natural pools for you enjoyment. We went there early next morning, and caught sight of some Howler monkeys and a big Morpho flying down-stream.
We also went to the "Bahia Ballena" Marine Park - which had we spotted with our binoculars from our suite - and also to the nearby Playa Hermosa, where we did great body-surfing.
We liked the overall experience so much, that we made it a point to return to "Oxygen Jungle Villas", and spend lengthier time there in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oxygen Jungle Villas is a small-scale and exclusive Balinese style boutique hotel. Located in Uvita, in the middle of the Costa Ballena, Costa Rica's South Pacific hotspot. We guarantee individual and personalized service and a maximum of 24 guests (adults only) at all times, staying in one of the only 12 villas on the Oxygen estate. All this only minutes away from some of the most pristine beaches in the world and centrally located between Costa Rica's most beautiful National Parks. Perfect for your Costa Rica honeymoon, or simply to become acquainted with the jungle, toucans, howler monkeys, and the other wonderful wildlife that Costa Rica has to offer. With dozens of tours to choose from, and a zen atmosphere overlooking the infinity pool, there is something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Oxygen Jungle Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Hotel Uvita
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Costa Rica/Uvita