We stayed here in 2011 after reading many great reviews. Our experience was a little different, not bad just not at the level we were expecting. While the Villa units themselves are nice, they lack in functionality and privacy. An all glass enclosure sounds great, not so much if everytime you want to use the shower, bathroom or walk around without full clothing you have to struggle with the multitude of blinds and screens. The reason being is that these units are all right next to each other with frequent traffic of people walking back and forth to their rooms. I felt this to be rather annoying, all of these units are semi-private. The pool is great, although I about burned the skin off the bottom of foot on the pool decking which was in bad shape and painted black. Just like a hot pad, ouch. Anyways we had great service and the one dinner we had in was very good. We had a couple lights out in our unit that were never repaired, even after multiple requests. I can see how people like this spot but to us, it just felt a little disconnected from Costa Rica in general. Up a gnarly dirt road which I usually find pretty fun, communting up and down got old in a hurry. The "ocean" view rooms do have views but you are so far from the ocean, the clouds seem closer and from our room (next to the pool) the available views are mostly of bushes. . The walk down to the river from the villas is very nice. A side note, the soda on the left hand side as you head up the dirt road is pretty good and cheap if you want a more authentic and inexpensive meal. All and all I would not tell people not to go here, but it just wasn't for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oxygen Jungle Villas is a small-scale and exclusive Balinese style boutique hotel. Located in Uvita, in the middle of the Costa Ballena, Costa Rica's South Pacific hotspot. We guarantee individual and personalized service and a maximum of 24 guests (adults only) at all times, staying in one of the only 12 villas on the Oxygen estate. All this only minutes away from some of the most pristine beaches in the world and centrally located between Costa Rica's most beautiful National Parks. Perfect for your Costa Rica honeymoon, or simply to become acquainted with the jungle, toucans, howler monkeys, and the other wonderful wildlife that Costa Rica has to offer. With dozens of tours to choose from, and a zen atmosphere overlooking the infinity pool, there is something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Oxygen Jungle Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Hotel Uvita
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Costa Rica/Uvita