Best way to describe this place with a few words is paradise in the jungle near the ocean.
I am not sure where to start from, the vacation was supposed to be a birthday gift to my girlfriend and not only it was amazing but it surpassed my best expectations.
We rented a car from San Jose and drove down south. Nature is stunning along the way, all locals we met were very friendly and helpful. Driving up the little dusty road from Uvita with 4x4 makes it even more exciting and rewarding when some minutes later you discover this little oasis in the dark in the middle of nowhere and the clean perfect swimming pool with gorgeous open view of the area and the ocean. The villas are similarly gorgeous, we had one with an ocean view. There are a few villas in the jungle, not far from them along a short trail there is a small river passing through the private property where we went on day two during sunset. There is a naturally formed basin next to the tiny waterfall which is juts perfect for dipping in, cooling off and sort of breathing or feeling the jungle from within.
The villa was amazing, had a great view, very comfortable king size bed, fridge packed with drinks and snacks, perfectly cleaned every day by the friendly personnel. We loved the sounds of the jungle during the night and the clean air, it put us to sleep right away and we always woke up very fresh even after a few hours of sleep. When combined with rain it would probably make one of the best background music mp3s to listen to when trying to fall asleep in your big city apartment.
We did a few of the activities offered, horse riding on the beach - absolutely beautiful, the canopy tours - a lot of fun, we tried some of the restaurants in Ojochal - food was excellent with Citrus being our favorite.
We went to Ventanas beach one afternoon and ended up being the only people there, all of its beauty and wilderness for us, it was one of the most exciting and picturesque beaches we visited, looked like a setting out of one of the pirate movies.
We did spend a couple of days just relaxing at the villas, enjoying the swimming pool, the view, the sunset, the food and the outstanding service.
Perhaps the part I will always remember is the service, the great crew running the place which took excellent care of all small details and made us feel very special as if they were there only for us waiting all year to help us during our one week stay. Starting from Gabriel who is managing the place with an ease and a smile, made sure we had the best of everything and any problems were taken care of on the spot. Same goes to Marco, who welcomed us with a refreshing cocktail and treated us throughout with warmth and grace. Great thanks to the chef, he always checked on us, asked us if we have any special requests or intolerances. Food up there was with the best upscale restaurants in New York, lots of attention to detail, executed and delivered perfectly, it was hard to believe we are in the jungle and not in some Manhattan haute restaurant du jour.
Nothing but praise for everyone there, if I missed someone it is because I did not remember their name. They really went out of their way to make our short stay unforgettable, from washing our clothes and shoes, to cleaning our bathroom and fixing our car bumper which someone hit while we were parked. Also booking our activities in the last minute, making restaurant reservations, preparing special dinner in the last moment because of our gluten intolerance, offering discounts for extra nights we stayed because of the hurricane and cancelled flights and all the million other small things which are just too many to count and fit on a page.
But what was most important and touching was that all that was not executed because it was their job and they were paid to do it but because they really enjoyed it, were proud of their little oasis and all that it offered and really truly cared to ensure that our vacation was perfect. Which is what it was
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oxygen Jungle Villas is a small-scale and exclusive Balinese style boutique hotel. Located in Uvita, in the middle of the Costa Ballena, Costa Rica’s South Pacific hotspot. We guarantee individual and personalized service and a maximum of 24 guests (adults only) at all times, staying in one of the only 12 one-bedroom villas on the Oxygen estate. All this only minutes from some of the most pristine beaches in the world and centrally located between Costa Rica's most beautiful National Parks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Jetsetter, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Oxygen Jungle Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Hotel Uvita
- Oxygen Jungle Villas Costa Rica/Uvita