“Magical, spiritual, beautiful, comfortable, transforming” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Sanctuary at Two Rivers

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cabuya
The Sanctuary at Two Rivers
Save Saved
You added The Sanctuary at Two Rivers to your Saves list
Beach Road, Cabuya, Montezuma 5361, Costa Rica   |
Providence, Rhode Island
“Magical, spiritual, beautiful, comfortable, transforming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I attended a retreat called "Jungle Alchemy" at the Sanctuary at Two Rivers in February 2013. It was an amazing, transforming experience.

The Sanctuary is lovingly located on the Nicoya Peninsula in between two rivers and next to the Pacific Ocean. It is very remote, while at the same time luxurious. I stayed in a jungle treehouse built on stilts with mostly screens for walls - a study in harmony with the jungle. The accommodation was spotlessly clean, 100% green, simple and beautiful, while nestled within the retreat gardens and the jungle landscape. At all times I felt safe and cared for while at the same time immersed in the wild. It was exhilarating!

The staff was professional, efficient, and kind. The love and care that went into the design and maintenance of this beautiful place was evident in every flower, every detail. We were treated to the most delicious gourmet vegetarian food I have ever experienced. Each meal seemed better than the last - 5 star quality to rival any restaurant in the most sophisticated city. Practicing yoga, meditation and dance in the Pagoda was more of the same - a beautiful, transcendent, spiritual experience.

We also experienced amazing beauty treatments crafted from local ingredients amidst a backdrop of river waterfalls. Need I say more?

I am currently a city dweller who loves nature, fabulous organic food, and is passionate about my own spiritual growth. For me, this was a sacred, beautiful, perfect place. I am so very grateful to the teachers, the staff, and the jungle for making such a difference in my life.

I am already planning my next retreat :)

Room Tip: The experience is a lot like boutique camping. You are in a beautiful room, open to the outdoors and...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I came to the Sanctuary as a host for a yoga retreat. Having visited retreat centers across the US and around the world, I know what I like and this place is my favorite!!! I highly recommend bringing a group here. It is the perfect combo of wild yet posh, the accommodations are extremely inviting, comfortable and clean, the yoga pagoda is heavenly, the food is over the top...deliciously healthy but still decadent and satisfying.
Coordinating the retreat from the states was simple, the staff was supportive and helpful. They did a good job of promoting on the web and offered incentives for people to book with a friend. Everyone in my group loved it.
If you are looking for a magical place to teach, to relax and have fun, to access creativity while surrounded by beauty as the mystery unfolds, this is the spot!

Stayed February 2013
galaxy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Elizabeth Lindh, Dr. Steve Curtin and I had the pleasure of hosting the healing retreat "Re~Awaken the Wild with Jungle Alchemy" at The Sanctuary. Using the land to its fullest expression, we danced hard at night, practiced heart opening yoga in the morning and explored the wild grounds during the afternoon. As a teacher I found I was filled with tremendous inspiration from the jungle, cuisine and "space" The Sanctuary creates. This is a profound place for healing in all aspects of life. Transformation, openings and growth naturally occur just by being on the land.

• Stayed February 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

This had to be the best vacation I had ever been on. The moment you arrive a peaceful feeling of freedom and inspiration arises! Unlike some trips you may be concered of what new enviornment may bring, but here it's all hummingbirds, butterflies, monkeys, gourmet food, beautiful flowers, and very passionate people!
This is a very special place where you are completly surrounded by nature in every direction, it's a great place to "unplug" from the overstimulation of technology that we are deal with.

You can roam the 40+acres of beautiful exciting jungle, swim in the waterfalls, read by the pool, have an amazing massage, or simple just be.

The local excursions are very fun and highly recommended! Zip lining, Cabo Blanco, and snorkeling were all a blast.

The food by the wonderful Marcella is incomparable to anything I have ever eaten! I never felt hungry in between meals like I thought I might had. Each meal is meticuously created to nourish your body. You will feel great! She is so sweet and knowledgeable and truly puts her heart in her work and it shows!

Jeff, Marcella, and Max make such a great team and really make you feel at home here. They are all a wealth of knowledge about many things, and are so easy to talk to.

The dogs (rescue dogs I think) are also so very special! Bodie, Worf, Fidel, and Shadowboy are so calm and sweet. Never jumping up on you or in your way. They really helped us not miss our dogs at home too much! They were NEVER a bother to anyone of us in the whole group of 15! We especially enjoyed their company on hikes around the property, and over seeing pur yoga classes!
They really add to the charm of The Sanctuary and I miss them!

Thank you for the wonderful experience !

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

I run an international travel organization and i can honestly say that this resort will change your life. Its the perfect intersection of modern amenities and harmony with nature. The staff was extremely well trained and the owners make sure that every aspect of mu stay was exceptional

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Upon entering the sanctuary you are immediately surprised and excited to find that because it is so protected and secluded the only way to your tree house like accommodations is by foot thru gentle rivers and jungles. I stayed for a week long yoga retreat ( Elizabeth Rossa, shriyoganyc.) even though it was only a week the memory of the sounds, smells and waterfalls follow you back to the city and renew your energy. There is an eco-chic quality to the rooms, hot showers, pretty bathrooms and great views of monkeys in the trees since the rooms are elevated. The food was delicious and beautifully prepared and presented, there was also great Costa Rican coffee. The Sky at night glows with some of the brightest stars I have ever seen. It is as easy to walk to the beach as it is to walk and swim in the waterfalls. The nearby towns are interesting and there are a lot of organic restaurants. Jeff, the owner, is filled with energy and enthusiasm towards the people who visit and the sanctuary he inhabits and protects. I am not someone who takes vacations but I am always up for an adventure. The Sanctuary at Two Rivers is for those who want to walk in the jungle.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Participation in a yoga retreat at the Sanctuary merged calming energies & individual growth. Meditating to the sounds of the vibrant, living jungle made real my personal paradise. My sensory taste horizons were broadened in lovingly delicious ways through flavor pairings I never imagined, but now embrace. Every possible detail to ensure comfort is attended to in such a subtle way it simply blends into the wild jungle surroundings. Wild jungle visitors, Howler & Capuchin Monkies, stroll by in treetop paths at perfect viewing distance. Resident yoga dogs provide quiet, gentle affection to those of us missing our own pets. Jeff's easy, go with the flow manner helped bring relaxation to another plain. He leads by his values as he gives us a glimpse into eco-conscious living in the unparalleled beauty of Costa Rica that we will treasure forever.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to The Sanctuary at Two Rivers? Share your experiences!