“Dinner out in Cabuya” 2 of 5 stars

Description: Located on the beach with swimmingpool and the best food in town
Shapleigh, Maine
“Dinner out in Cabuya”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I was so unhappy with my food :( I had a pasta dish with ham and cheese, not hot, luke warm and congealed. The rest of my party was not pleased at all. On a positive note the view was to die for, nice pool and the ocean beyond. We looked at a room on site but it was very dirty. I had high hopes for the location and a possible stay, not for the food but the view! If you want a good meal in Cabuya go down the road towards Cabo Blanco and eat at "La Castanita" Best meal I had in that little village!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Cabuya, Montezuma
“Kardoes going downhill? Hope not!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I've lived in the area for many years, and have always enjoyed going to Kardoes, previously El Celaje,The pool and the view through to the ocean is terrific and the bar/restaurant area is very appealing, probably the best in the Cabuya area. However, the last time I visited for lunch (today, December 28, 2013 with two friends I was very disappointed. The menu is very bland now, but expensive. My steak au poivre was very tough, and the salsa pimienta had no kick. My friend's pesto pasta was ok. The service was incredibly slow. Food sat on the counter for 10 - 15 minutes before the wait staff brought it to the tables.We waited 45 minutes for two orders of the little Dutch pancakes called poffertjes, which are a specialty of the house and were one of the the reasons we went. The first order came after 45 minutes, without the obligatory butter or cinnamon. They were very chewy and bland. The second order arrived 10 minutes later. This one had butter and cinnamon and was slightly better prepared than the first order, but nowhere near as good as they used to be. Maybe because the chef that day was not Dutch?

I still like the place and I hope the owner ups his game. Please.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Halifax, Canada
“Good food, friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stopped in and had lunch/dessert/drinks and a swim. The owner was very friendly – a gracious host. We enjoyed playing with her cute little dog. The food was good, drinks were good. Service was a bit slow because I think she was making everything from scratch herself, but we were in no rush, so it was no problem! She mentioned that it was slow season and so she invited us to have a swim which was a very nice added bonus. We had crepes, sandwiches, cocktails, all really good food.

Visited November 2012
Mount Vernon, Washington
“Prosciutto in Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Best food we had in Costa Rica. When you order an Italian salad, you get wonderfully fresh greens and olives garnished with perfectly sliced prosciuttto. Are you kidding? Take a look at where you are on the map. And do NOT leave without at least one order of french fries: Some of the best we've had anywhere. Fresh, hot, and perfectly crispy and salted on the outside, firm and tasty inside. Fish with wine sauce is outstanding. The ambiance is delightfully campy, and the view to the beach across the pool is perfect. When we ordered an appetizer plate, we got another stack of prosciutto with the cheese and olives, and delicious cream cheese and walnut stuffed dates! Carola is a delight and a very very good chef. Loki and Kardoes only make the whole experience more warm and friendly. Pura Vida indeed.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brantford, Canada
“Great Bar/Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This bar/restaurant offers a large variety of foods, from fries to yummy steak dinners and ice cream for desert.Everything is made fresh(no microwave going on here) and while your waiting you can catch up on your emails with there free WiFi or just sit back and watch the waves and nature at work.Great place to go if you just want a beer or a full dinner

Visited February 2013