“awesome retreat!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brightland Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Brightland Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Brightland Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Kates Point Road, Mahabaleshwar 412806, India (Formerly Brightland Holiday Village)   |
Ranked #6 of 45 hotels in Mahabaleshwar
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“awesome retreat!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

recently visited this resort in Mahableshwar. It was my hubby n me along with our lil baby and another couple with thier baby.
we checked all the so called exotic resorts and places to stay in mahableshwar and finally ended here. and we all agreed the pain was worth it.
we were in the rooms with liviing room on the top and climb downstairs for the bedroom.
for the price the rooms were very spacious and well maintained....
the property is huge and we had a nice view of the forest from our room.
the food was sumptous and the entire staff very very courteous.
the also met our demands for special jain and baby food promptly....

overall an awesome experience for all of us for we kept saying it was better to stay here than the other places which were not that great but over rated!!!

Room Tip: we were in 608 n 610 which were good rooms besides their lotus suite was WOW!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

215 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Pune, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had visited this hotel on 9th of August with my wife and it was a WORST experience ever.

I have booked Upper Pool Side Room with Valley View for one night, we were given Room No – 301, as soon as I entered the room, the washroom was smelling very badly. We could not stay there for a single minute. I asked the reception to fix the same and they said it will be fixed in some time. When we came back in the evening we still feel the same problem. It was smelling so badly even the service boy could not enter the washroom. I called again the reception to check it and they again sent the boy to spray the room freshener which did not helped.

At 9 PM I was offered another room 437 which was much smaller in size and had queen size bed which I refused to take and then they offered me Tulip Duplex (Room No : 602) and after entering the room it looked like that room has not opened from long time and it had the smell of seepage. There was a seepage on walls and it looked like the room was closed for renovation. When I asked Customer Relationship Manager to give me another room she told me that this is the only option available and this is high category room than what you have booked But we did not liked the room even if it of high category.
We were roaming around here and there to find a better room for one hour (9:00PM to 10:00PM). We are staying in Pune and we can go back in the evening after Visting Mahablaehswar, but we prefer to stay there to relax,but above that, it comes out to be totally opposite.
I had terrible stay in this hotel for the whole night and we could not sleep for the full night. When I told my experience to Customer Relationship Manager, even she did not say sorry to us and told us that someone else had stayed in this Room – 301 yesterday only and they have not raised any issue. Upon asking that if they give rooms to their customer before personally checking, she did not say anything and argueing with us that sometime it happened, the problem is not contant (you can see the hospitality of this hotel by this). She kept calling other people and they also agreed that there was some issue in the room.

Instead of saying a sorry to us, she told us that Pune office have already offered you 25% discount. This discount was available for everyone who change their meal plan and I have done the same and paid for all the meals from my pocket. She was not willing to offer anything to us, after arguing for long time, she only gave us a discount of 10%.

It is not a matter of 10% discount, if we can pay 7K for that bad room we can book a 10K room also, but the thing is, they have not shown any courtesy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Just last weekend along with a few friends, I was in mahabaleshwar. Decided to check in at a different location than usual and hence landed up at brightlands resort. And boy it was a fantastic experience. The rooms, their location, the cleanliness is absolutely amazing. There are various options available to suit your needs. Right from duplex rooms to deluxe rooms.
The food available is extremely hygienic. And various cuisines are available. The service is quite prompt. Make sure bookings are made well in advance on weekends.
Rates though are on a higher side when compared to other resorts around. But its worth the services available.
Overall it was wonderful experience.

• Stayed August 2013
Thane, Maharashtra, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

What a Wonderful Place Mahabaleshwar is.When we entered the Hotel we were Welcomed with a Glass of Strawberry Juice which was Wonderful.After the Checkin Facilities we were led to our Rooms.They Were Wonderful.I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here.The Food Was Excellent for the Entire Duration of our Stay.We had Booked 4 Rooms.All of us enjoyed it ThoroughlyThe Place has got an Excellent View..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Indore, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

i with my wife and daughter stayed 3 nights in this hotel last month.the hotel is good with good staff.
location of hotel is not good, it is very far from city area, reception lobby is worst, as it doesnt look like lobby of 5 star hotel.
room are old, and need to be renovated, as it is not worth of it, yes the new rooms in maple wing are fantastic.
staff is decent. in all nice stay but you can find better options in the same rate in city area

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed at brightland for 2 nights in july 2013. My experience was awful. First, they served me a can of beer which was expired. serving an expired food itself is a crime threatening the life and health of a guest. when i asked for the restaurant manager, he simply asked me not to pay for that can of beer. Ha ha what a pathetic sense of guest grievance redressal.
Secondly, they entered my room when i was out for sight seeing on the pretext of cleaning my room. I without knowing this practice (even hotel did not mention this practice at all anywhere) of housekeeping when guest is out of the room. My belongings were at my room at that time. When we returned to out room in the night, we noticed that some one entered our room. We right away called at the reception of the hotel and reported the matter that someone entered our room when we were out. The reception people told us to wait while they will inquire about the matter. then we demanded for the hotel manager on the phone. After waiting for an hour hotel manager called us and told us that housekeeping people entered your room with the help of the master key (as out room key was with us) and cleaned your room. And told us that this is their STANDARD OPERATING PRACTICE, risking our precious belongings and privacy. Now let us see brightland rules we found printed in our room " Guests are particularly requested to lock the door of their rooms when going out or when going to bed, and not to leave the key in the key hole, For the convenience of the Guest, lockers are available at the Front Office. The management will not, in any way whatsoever, be responsible for any loss and/or damage to the Guest's belongings or any other property from either the hotel room or locker or any other part of the hotel for any cause whatsoever including theft or pilferage". What an irony risking guest's heath, life and privacy is a STANDARD OPERATING PRACTICE OF THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gurgaon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Rooms - Some in the new wing and the cottages are good , rest need renovation, Pool - The kids loved it and so did we, Spa - Excellent, don't miss , Food - above average , Service - everybody was putting in effort but observed the need of the hotel investing in training their employees , Cleanliness needs to be better in the rooms and bathrooms need an exhaust , Overall one of the more popular resorts at Mahabaleshwar and has the potential and the location to be the best with more attention to detail given to the property and the quality of service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Brightland Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!