“ones upon a time in mayfair” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Mayfair

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mahabaleshwar
Hotel Mayfair
Save Saved
You added Hotel Mayfair to your Saves list
L.C. DSouza Road, Mahabaleshwar 412806, India   |
Ranked #22 of 45 Hotels in Mahabaleshwar
uae
“ones upon a time in mayfair”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

i m telling u this just bcoz me and my family n my friends has very sweet memorys with hotel may fair....its all in year 1990/1991/1992..v group of 5 friends gone to mahableshwar n find this simple n decent hotel..v stay there around 3/4 days that time hotel manager was parsi man v call him bawa very nice n jolly person he was..in this 3/4 days me my group n bawa become friends..this was my 1st stay in mayfair n every thing was up to the mark staff manager...n food was soo good n tasty like home food v got very good service.

after that my self my 2 brother n my 4/5 friends bcome regular guest of this hotel..

i plan my honeymoon also in mahableshwar and hotel yes mayfaif...i stay there 7 days n bawa give me what a great service and food woww after 20+ years i remember food taste.

after this i did not got chance to stay in mayfair..
in november 2012 my younger brother visit hotel mayfair just to have dinner and he told me that every thing is same there as 20 years b4 some old staff good service n same food quailty what v wer gatting 20 years b4 and very nice n helping manager MR Singh.

soo nothing is change in mayfair every thing is good n best in simple n decent hotel...this time i will 100% plan my trip to mayfair

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Kullu, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Another one of our impromptu weekend trips and as I took the diversion to Wai, the foremost concern in my mind was accommodation at Mahabaleshwar. A quick ‘strawberry n cream’ pilgrimage to Mapro’s (ahead of Panchgani) fuelled us for the morning as we drove straight into the Mahabaleshwar market area. As I look back now, the fact that our regular hotels were sold out seems to be a blessing in disguise. Our hunt for a shelter continued and as we were driving towards Citrus Chambers with crossed fingers, we chanced upon a quaint British cottage with well-manicured gardens lined with vibrant petunias, straight out of the English countryside and aptly named Hotel Mayfair! And voila, they had a room for us!
Location:
This little gem is very conveniently tucked away in the lane near the market. It’s a mere 3 minutes refreshing and delightful walk under a canopy of trees to the market.
The Front desk:
The staff is extremely polite and go out of their way to make your stay a delight. We were shown the room instantly and checked in without any hassles. The manager at the front desk was very welcoming and included breakfast in the room tariff on our request.
The Room:
We were given a 5 bedded room opening out to a small lawn bordered with colourful flowers. The room was large, clean and comfortable with a TV. It gives one a feel of the British era. The bathroom is large and clean with hot water provided for 3 hours in the morning.
Food & Room Service:
The food at Mayfair took our Mahabaleshwar experience to another level. Everything that we were served at was hot and delicious - just the way it should be on cold winter days! The Parsi cuisine of Dhansak and brown rice just melted in our mouths and deserves a special mention…just yummy. My little girl wanted paneer tikka late in the night and the staff went out of their way to arrange it for her. These are the little gestures which go a long way in turning first timers into loyalists!
Parking:
The Hotel has ample enclosed parking space behind the property at a lower level.
Overall:
Mayfair is definitely a find for keeps! It is a great option for the budget traveller looking for quiet, peace and great food in the hills of Mahabaleshwar.

Room Tip: Room 102 is spacious and conveniently located.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ratnagiri, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

this hotel is located outside the market area,so gives very calm and serene feel.rooms are good with all basic amenities but not modern as it is an old bungalow tranformed into hotel.but it surely gives the comfort you need and staff is also good.most important thing is food served is literally strawberry on the cake

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I had read a lot of reviews of hotels in Mahabaleshwar on Trip Adviser and planned my hotel. Many hotels are shut down in the monsoons in Mahabaleshwar. Mayfair is open; good news. The hotel rooms are okay, not too great...They require new mirrors, new bedsheets. However, the service is excellent. The staff is very polite and helpful. They will try their level best to make a guest comfortable. Mr. Singh - the manager - is also very helpful. Since my husband and I didn't take a car, we required a hotel close to the main market. Mayfair is just 5 minutes walking distance from the main market. The food they serve is excellent with dessert. They serve veg and non veg. The price of rooms was 1050 + tax per person per day. The rate included hotel stay, breakfast, afternoon tea, and dinner. We didn't take the lunch package as we thought we would go siteseeing in the day and have lunch outside. It is great value for money.

I will again say FOOD IS THE BEST!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thane, Maharashtra, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

We went to mahabaleshwar along with our parents. It was our first trip outside mumbai with my daughter (10 months old). First good thing at sight is its very open and airy. The lawn is well maintain with nice flowers and small play area for children. We got two rooms on backside of the hotel which has nice balcony type area wherein you can have tea or breakfast together. For adults, there is table tennis and carom board inside the hotel. Parking facility is also spacious.

Regarding food, Parsi cousin is their speciality. We had sali boti which was decent. However there may be limited options for vegetarians. The staff was very co-operative in all ways. Whatever I needed for my daughter they made it available.

The place is just 5 mins walking distance from market which is another USP. The rates are very reasonable with 1500/- per room. All in all it was holiday well spend.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Pune
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

We were a group of 7 people who went for a trip. We reached there at night, it was around 12.30 am, entered the room and were surprised to see a room that was look alike of a english cottage.. Had fun all night ( as we were awake till 6 am) then went to be obviously got up late and left the cottage at 1 pm (Way after the schedule check out time) but still they dint charge us for that. Its a quite place where you can experience, the calmness of the mountains and sky. If you want to relax or have a weekend trip this is the best place to be.... I would say a gala time is best enjoyed here with friends..... Loved the experience... We were charged Rs. 2000 for a room of 5 people(it was a huge room for atleast 10 people) and Rs. 500 for a small room which was just for 2 people (actually it was smaller than the washroom of the other bigger room). But the experince was good and we enjoyed...

Room Tip: Try for rooms near garden and not the rooms which are inside.. as it seems we are in some old haveli...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

This hotel is slightly off from the market but the walk isn't much of an issue. The market is pretty crowded so you'll probably be glad that it's a bit away. We didn't eat at the hotel but the staff is warm and homely and cook for you if you order a bit in advance.

It's more of a home than a hotel, in fact it's like a bungalow converted into a hotel. They provide hot water in the mornings for 3 hours but do not have a generator during power cuts.

The rooms are minimalistic but clean and tidy. We preferred this hotel to the other touristy, modern, well furnished but terribly tacky options that we checked out. They also have a small garden with 2 swings and a small slide for children to play. Our room had a small sitting area outside which was also nice.

We went during offseason and they charged us Rs 750 per head without food. With food, they charge about Rs 1800 per head.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Mayfair? Share your experiences!