Following the road into Honeywood will give you a sense of Jungle Safari with narrow roads and covered with trees and believe me its fun. Couldn't imagine a location better than this, just 5Kms from Main Mahableshwar City is a small peaceful privately run Holiday Home named - Honeywood. The owners take pride in running the property and the staff is by and large helpful.
We stayed there from 28 - 30 Nov 2011 and it was a pleasant stay, i must admit that there was a misunderstanding on the booking and amenities on offer between the staff, owners (they don't stay here and come on weekends only) and us, but to Mr. & Mrs Chinoy's credit they got this sorted out with thier staff and we were not overcharged.
- Peaceful location
- Big Spacious Rooms
- Open Garden with option of Barbeque in the night
- Cable TV
- 24 Hrs Hot running water
- Inverter back up (a huge plus when you know that the electricity in this part is a mess)
- Clean Towels
- Main City only 5 Kms away.
- About 1.5 km before the hotel you will come across a small juice joint 'Strawberry Valley', do stop over and have the Strawberry with Cream here, its a delight and fresh farm produce makes its special.
Some Incoveniences ( Mainly due to its location rather than anything else)
- Kitchen open for few hours only, place your order 2-3 hours prior
- without own vehicle you will find it impossible to move around
- Food prepared in homely manner, hence extravagent dishes should be avoided.
- Bathroom needs mop to keep them dry
- One bed made cranky noise, needs repair
- Hotel can staff some games for making it fun for the families staying there.
Recommended for large families, Youngsters will not find any attractions here, go and stay near the market place.
Overall a VFM Holiday Home
Top Cottage with Valley View
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.