“Enjoyable stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of White House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mahabaleshwar
White House
Save Saved
You added White House to your Saves list
Village Bhose, Panchgani Mahableshwar Road, On the way to Village Bhilar Taluka, Mahabaleshwar 412603, India   |
Ranked #7 of 45 hotels in Mahabaleshwar
Mumbai
“Enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Searched out this place though the net and then of course checked out the reviews on tripadvisor. the booking process was pretty simple and handled by the owner himself. Though there were the initial apprehensions on how the property would be since sometimes the net shows you a totally different picture, when we got to the place, all those disappeared. The place has been maintained rather well by the staff. Its a twin bungalow property and we had hired only 1 bungalow. The food is provided by the caretaker himself, and is excellent, but sadly veg only. though you can order non veg from the nearby restaurants. They have a small lawn and it would be nice if they could fit in a small play area for the kids, then it would be just perfect. Would definitely visit the place again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
WhiteHousePanchgani, Owner at White House, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
We truly understand how difficult it can be to book an accommodation you haven’t actually seen, but we’re glad you took that leap of faith and went for the booking. We try to maintain our property as it is on our website, infact now we have installed LCD TVs in each bedroom and made a few changes to the rooms so they are better than they appear on our website.
With regards to the food menu, we have a major client base that prefers pure vegetarian cuisine so we probably won’t be able to change the menu much. There is a cook (Marwadi Maharaj) on the premises who makes fresh delicious home-made vegetarian food to order. But we have also tied up with the restaurants around us who deliver to White House if you need non-veg food, you just have to make a call and order.
We have just repainted the livings rooms. We have also just tiled up the entire parking area giving you a much bigger usable space for games, etc. We’ll soon try and put up pictures of the same.
We’d like to thank you for your positive review. It keeps us motivated to provide you with the best accommodation and service that we can.

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I Inquired for one night one room rate for the weekend.
They asked me to take up 2 rooms of the bungalow even when their website says that it is a per room per night rate.
When I enquired for the price, they claimed to give minimum two rooms to all customers even when I just asked for one room.
Then when I called back to confirm, they said only one room is available. How come their policy changed overnight and they gave way one room?

Then I agreed to make the payment, they said we will send you the link for online payment.
Within 30 mins an sms arrives saying that the online link is down, please don't make the payment now.
After an hour they called back and said that we have found another customer booking for 4 nights and we can't give you the rooms, please cancel your program.
To this I offered to pay cash and asked if they can send their person to collect cash. They said NO WE HAVE ALREADY GOT THE CUSTOMER NOW.

Absolutely unprofessional.
Can't believe, hotel owner can manipulate you to this extent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sir,
It is quite sad to see how you have twisted the facts to form a story that puts us in bad light.
We inform every customer that we generally do not take bookings for one room since it’s a bungalow, but if you are a walk-in guest and the room is available we’ll obviously give you one room from the bungalow, this was made clear to you as well. We had a walk-in customer after your initial inquiry and so the other room had become available to you. That’s how we were able to provide you with your earlier preferred option of just one room. There was no overnight change in policy as you say. We try to make our policies flexible to suit our guests to maximize their convenience and comfort.
Now, to clear the facts for our prospective customers, this particular customer was looking for a cheap accommodation. He wanted us to give him an off season rate during season time, we said we couldn’t do it. The customer called back in a few days and since we had a cancellation we were ready to offer a better rate. But learning of our situation he now wanted more discount. Somehow we agreed on a rate, we even gave him the payment options and the online payment link. After all that, again he said he wished to look at more options, apparently he wanted something even cheaper. After the conversation, we got a complaint from another customer about the online payment link, so we immediately messaged this customer informing him of the issue, even though he had not confirmed his booking yet.
Later that evening, we got another walk-in customer and they wanted the room for 4 nights. We tried calling this customer since he had spoken to us earlier even though he hadn’t confirmed the booking, but he didn’t pick up. So now on the one hand we have a walk-in guest on our doorstep who is keen to book and pay for 4 nights right away and on other the other hand we have this customer who has not even confirmed his booking and is now not even picking up his phone. We were left with no other option but to go with the guest who was at our doorstep. We’re sure anyone in our position would have done the same.
After sometime we tried calling again and this guest picked up his phone, we told him what happened, he just disconnected the call, we called him back thrice, to work out some other option for him, but he just wouldn’t pick up. He then went ahead and posted this sour review about us.
We were ranked 5th before this review so it is obvious that we are quite upset about this. We think that writing such a false review is a really wrongful act.
We work very hard to make sure we are fair to our customers, co-operate with them in every way we can, and try to ensure that their stay with us is most comfortable and memorable. The success of our efforts is quite evident from all the excellent reviews we have received from our ever so kind and generous guests.
Pune, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Since I’m from Pune I travel to Panchgani-Mahabaleshwar quite often, twice or thrice a year. I discovered White House while I was looking for a place to stay there. I came across their website, found it quite impressive, but I wasn’t sure how it would turn out in reality. I’ve had some bad experiences before, where everything looks great on the website but when you reach the place the accommodation is something else and it ruins your holiday mood.
Anyway, fortunately that wasn’t the case with this place. I spoke to the owners directly, I think they do the booking themselves. They promised us good accommodation and service and we got all that and more.
The property itself is designed quite well, apparently by Hafeez Contractor. It’s a twin bungalow with two bedroom hall on each side. I guess that way they can give one bungalow or both bungalows depending on our requirement. We were a big group of 4 couples and 6 children, we had taken both the bungalows, so we had the entire property to ourselves.
We could sit out in the open and enjoy the cool climate, the monsoons are over now so the nights were quite pleasant. They even have a barbeque which we used to barbeque our food and also to keep us warm J . It was one of the best experiences, the calm, the climate, the fountain, and of course the joy of being with family and friends, can’t wait to do it all again.
I would like to make a special note about the service, it was nothing short of excellent. It seems they are self trained, and have learnt from experience how to make sure that the customer doesn’t have any complaints.
It’s no surprise when I say I’m going to be a regular here, and would certainly recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
WhiteHousePanchgani, Owner at White House, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Sir,
Thank you so much for your generously positive review.
We really appreciate it.
We'll always be happy to have you over, and we hope it'll be soon.
Thank you once again.
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Actually, I was trying to book this place for a while. I had seen this bungalow from outside on my visit to Mahabaleshwar once and loved it, but the last 2-3 times I called them it was always booked given its not a big hotel. Its a twin bungalow with two bedroom hall on either side. So its quite good in a way as you get your peace and privacy. Anyway, this time I planned ahead and had the whole property pre-booked with the exact dates I wanted.
The accommodation was everything I had expected it to be, fully furnished well maintained rooms. But the service was better than I expected, very helpful and co-operative staff. The food was home-made and delicious, he could make good spicy food as per our request. Since he made the food as per our order, it worked out better for us as we also had a young one with us so it helped having the cook make simple khichdi etc. for him.
Good location, well maintained property, nice food, great service, thats what I look for in a property and this one ticked all the right places.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
WhiteHousePanchgani, Owner at White House, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear Madam,
Thank you so much for your positive review.
It was a pleasure having you stay with us.
We hope to see you soon.
Pune
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I found this bungalow online. Spoke to the owner directly. The bungalow was as he had explained to me. It’s maintained pretty well, and most importantly, clean.
It’s a twin bungalow with two bedroom hall on each side. We had taken one bungalow since we are a family of four. We had our privacy. The bedrooms are just right and cozy. They’re furnished with LCD TV, small fridge in each bedroom and we had a good view too! :)
It’s got a garden area spread out around the bungalow and there is a beautiful fountain with colorful lights. It creates a nice atmosphere to sit out in the night, we had carried a portable music player, so it was perfect!
The house keeping and room service was very good, the food is home cooked and moderately priced, and I guess they allow delivery from other restaurants as well. The staff even heated up and served the food that we got from outside. So they’re quite co-operative.
I am definitely going there again and this time I’ll go with my extended family take both the bungalows, the entire property.... Definitely worth a try!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
WhiteHousePanchgani, Owner at White House, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thanks a lot for your positive review. We really appreciate it.
Hope to see you again soon.
Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

On the weekend of 14/15th July 2012, we had been to Whitehouse and we thoroughly enjoyed being at Whitehouse. While we reached pretty late into the night, we did not have any issues in finding the place. We stayed for 2 nights and its a very good option if you are a large group, especially recommended if you are with family.

Bungalow is actually a twin 2 bedroom bungalow. Care taker and Cook stay on the premises. We had breakfast and on both days, we had excellent breakfast. We had our other meals outside.

Rooms and especially toilets were extremely clean. Inverter backup provided.

Ample of parking space within compound. We had 4 four wheeler's and all parked securely within.

One of the better options in Bungalows around Mahabaleshwar/Pachgani area.

While all the definite positives above, a few cons as well
No towels provided during the stay
No soaps for handwash/facewash provided

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
WhiteHousePanchgani, Owner at White House, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Sir,
First of all I'd like to thank you for your positive review, I really appreciate it.
I know we spoke after you posted the review and I've clarified this to you, but this explanation is only for our prospective guests.
We do provide towels and napkins during season periods.
We also provide small bath soaps, but we don't have anything specifically for handwash/facewash, but you are welcome to ask for extra soaps if you like.
Hope this helps.
Thank you.
mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

A perfect place to spend some great time with family and even friends. We booked the twin bungalows as we were there with extended family.

The property is well maintained and is a refreshing change from staying in top class resorts.It provides you with a home like environment and peace.

Vegetarian food is available, they have a cook who prepares decent veg food and breakfast. For Non-vegetarians there is the option of ordering food from nearby restaurants.

The property is absolutely value for money and is a good place to getaway for a quick break.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive review.
It is highly appreciated.

Been to White House? Share your experiences!