“Third class............” 1 of 5 stars
Review of United-21 Resort Mahabaleshwar

You added United-21 Resort Mahabaleshwar to your Saves list
United-21 Resort Mahabaleshwar
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   At Post- Met Gutad | Panchgani- Mahabaleshwar Road, Mahabaleshwar 412806, India (Formerly Swiss Country Resort)   |
Ranked #37 of 45 Hotels in Mahabaleshwar
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Third class............”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Cheating, Price less to stay at hotel, Food can't be tolerable, All rooms are third class, About services i can say just like tea stall. I suggest you guys please dont do the mistakes which i did - Anil Navelkar

Room Tip: Go to Blue Country Resorts
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Thane, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I happen to visit and stay in this resort in August 2012. I found that the rooms are too small (Especially the Standard and deluxe). Only difference between Standard and deluxe is the AC. Nothing else. The balconies were by Metal sheets (might be due to heavy rains) but this made the room very worst and no ventilation. There was heavy leakage from the roof of the toilet, so you can imagine how you can spend your 10 mins over there (which is infact necessary atleast once a day). The overall experience was bad about the room. The food is too much costly. You will get same quality food in market in half price. Also the hotel is not exactly in Mahabaleshwar but in outskirts, so the feel of fog (Kohra) was not there.

Room Tip: Carry Umbrella for Toilet due to heavy leakage in rainy season. Try to get room with good ventilati...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I would likt to take time out and write about the wonderfull experience i encountered for my trip recently. Excellent ambience. Good Room service and there have been instances wherein the transport was arranged in a flash. The Managers wer very friendly and treated with utmost courtesy. The food was terrific and the swimming pool was maintained very well.
This is one of the places i would want to visit again as it changes my impression about the typical "RESORT" wherein you find drunkards lying all over the place. A good place to visit along with your family.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

Just came back from the trip... I like the overall service of hotel.... rooms are good, food is good too (sometimes too oily though).. room service was excellent and staff were cordial and courteous...

Hotel is located 4.5 lm from ST stand, Mahabaleshwar... hence if you want to visit the mahabaleshwar market u got to cough up 400 bucks ( to and fro) which is too much....next will take my car along :)

Overall Good experience.

Room Tip: Space on dance floor is too cramp... Pool- Table cloth need replacement...
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Just have been there, reached late there by 1030 pm, but hotel could not arrange for food..
Just milk (Rs 80) and biscuits - parle crackjack worth rs. 10 was served @ Rs 40/-!!!!

Rooms are small, bed can not accommodate 7' high person.
Breakfast is just average...

Location is okay - quiet, away from the town..
Guys at counter are helpful..

Room Tip: Go for suite rooms, atleast they offer better view.
Kalyan, Maharashtra, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

My wife and I went there for honeymoon for 3 nights and 4 days for deluxe room. We went this place through "Hungry Bags travels" and they told us this is 3* hotel. We went there 12th March 2012 to 15th March 2012 which is off season. When we entered in the hotel it was looking good and we agreed what that guy was said. But after getting experienced in the hotel I feel I wasted my money. As per my knowledge for 3* there should be 50 rooms and above in the hotel. But there were only 35 rooms in the hotel.
First day>>
Problem no. 1 after getting room I switched on TV but that TV was not working. Too many mosquitoes roaming in the room. I called in the reception told them about problems. They sent two guys and cleared the issue within 1-2 hours.
Problem no. 2 In Lunch time, we were asking about items from Menu card but for many items we were getting answer from restaurant “No”. There were many items which are present in the Menu card but not in Restaurant.
Problem no.3 Very next hour they came to me and told me that they wanted to do some drainage work therefore they asked me to switch the room and they showed me some Super Deluxe room. But that room was not good, AC was very old- without remote ("baba alam ke jamane ka") and tiles in bathroom were dirty. Phone instrument was not working properly. It was bad room than first room even that was super deluxe room. Again I discussed problem with traveller's guy and I told them what was going here with me. That guy sort my problem about an hour and we settled in 3rd room.
Problem no.4 after facing all above problems we went for dinner. In the dinner also there were many items which were not present the restaurant and they convinced us to ordered Chinese items. In Chinese chataney bowl there was 1 mosquito died and showed that to waiter … he took that without any reply.
Second day>>
Problem no. 1 in breakfast was complementary for us and I asked for “Toasted bread and Jam” and Tea. Restaurant boy sent us “Toasted bread” and Tea. I asked them about Jam but they replied we don’t have jam today. In Mahabaleswar/Panchgani I think there are 100 shops of jam and many famous companies of Jams but in the restaurant jam was not present.
Problem no. 2 for dinner, restaurant boy came with list of 3 main course items. He gave me only 3 options for dinner. After that I told him why you included so many items in menu card then he replied you have to pay for them then only you will get other items.
But before booking for this tour I have discussed with Hungry bags tours travels guy that I am paying you the full money but there should not be problem for dinner that you could not eat this and that…..
Again I discussed problem with traveller's guy and he sorted out the problem.
Problem no. 3 we got dinner after struggle, In Paneer chilli salt was too much and Paneer makhanwala was not good. But this we had not complaint about this because we got this dinner after struggle and it was already closing time for restaurant.
Third and Fourth day >> There was improvement in the service excluding availability of items in restaurant (which were present in the menu card).

Summary:::

Room Tip: If you are going for stay then it’s okay, but don’t go there if you want to enjoy food. Also locati...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Pune
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

We were a group of family and friends. We were pleasantly surprised with the suite room interior design, esp after our earlier 2 days at MTDC at a beach. It had 2 connected bedrooms rooms tastefully decorated. You get parking near your room block which is good too.
Though the rooms were very good we were frustrated with the pace at which our dinner order was served. Both starters and main course took an hour to get served :-(.

Room Tip: Ask for delux or suite rooms. Good ones.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to United-21 Resort Mahabaleshwar? Share your experiences!