“Over-Hyped!” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Bangalore, India
“Over-Hyped!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This place has a great view and the presentation of the.Food is great but that's probably it. The food tasted ok and the prices are higher than the other shakes in the same area. The service was slow. I would not recommend visiting this place when there are better ones close by....

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
trvl4luv
“Still hold its Charm...a Landmark”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

If you are in Baga you HAVE TO pitt stop here either for lunch,dinner or drinks at least
service was better and faster compared to last year
staff is friendly and every request was taken with a smile on there face
food quality was above average
Price is ok and still in love with the Ambience

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bangalore, India
“Nice place to soothe your taste buds.....but the charm of this place is fading.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have lost the count as how many times I have been to Britto's coz this wonderful restaurant holds a special place in my heart. I have tried almost all the delicacies here. I luv the Prawan cocktail served here. I have consumed gallons and gallons of beer during my countless visit to this nice and famous restaurant by the Baga Beach.

I remember I visited this beach side restaurant- the most famous in that line of the same business, first in 2006 with a bunch of my friends.

I had my first Prawn curry - the goan preparation, at this restaurant. I have excellent memories about this place and the delectable delicacies that they serve. Giant alive crabs, with claws tied at the entrance are quite an attraction in itself.

This time I had gone there with my friend and his wife just for an hour. Just a pint of beer and left cause it is customary for me that whenever I am in Goa I have to be at Britto's.

Just had a feeling whilst I was there that the place is not what it used to be. With more and more people coming to Goa every year, things are changing rapidly with less focus on quality, now. I had Chinese here in March 2013, it did not taste the same, however, I love the Prawn cocktail served here.

Anyways, the place is close to my heart and I will still come here whenever I am in Goa next but not for at least a year now. Four trips in one year to Goa is way lot maximum to outgrow of a place but not this eating joint.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chennai (Madras), India
“nice curry, busy restaurant, beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Nice menu and fast service. Some cats etc begging for food. Generally good menu choice and prices Ok. Right on the beach too

Visited April 2013
pune
“The magic is gone!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I have great memories of this place with super food, great service and lovely ambience.Brittos is now over packed, overdone and overly noisy.The food is also nothing to rave about.I still remember the delicious butter garlic prawns and crab thermidore......what we had this time was nowhere near the earlier times. Even the dessert did not taste the same....Sigh!! This is happening to Goa all over.The place is bursting with people and it just does not feel the same

• Visited April 2013