We upgraded the room to a pool view room and we were not disappointed on arrival! I stress about rooms before getting there so was relieved! The room was bright and clean and spacious. It had a small lounge area, lovely bed with flat screen TV and a big bathroom with walk in shower. Ours overlooked the pool area and this was good as it was close to reception and the bar/restaurant. I had asked them in advance to decorate the room for us as we had just got engaged and they did and it was gorgeous! Lots of flower petals etc. My other half turned on the fan in the room though and they blew all over the room and took some cleaning up! If you opt to pay the extra and get one of these rooms you will be happy. I have heard that all the rooms are being repainted/upgraded but I would not risk it and as GOA is cheap anyway its worth spending on this in my opinion.
The food in the hotel was amazing, My only gripe was breakfast which was a bit boring. However we did not mind this as we ate all day and were very rarely that hungry at breakfast time! :-) The room service food was especially nice, we tried everything! The speciality nights in the main restaurant were great too, this hotel does great food! The entertainment was also very good and recommended - we had a couple of great nights just in the hotel.
Staff were very good - we had no issues at all. We have read that some people say the reception staff can be a little cold but we had a laugh with them, I think they have been told to be more professional in their conduct which may seem that they are cold but they are not. Bar staff were great with special mention to Rishie who was brilliant.
Security was great too no issues there, in fact I would not hesitate to go back here and writing this makes me want to go back now! :-)
- Also Known As:
- Colonia Santa Maria Hotel
- Colonia Santa Maria Calangute
- Colonia Santa Maria Hotel Calangute
- Colonia Santa Maria
- Colonia Santa Maria Goa
- Colonia Santa Maria Baga Beach
- Colonia Santa Maria (CSM) Goa/Baga
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Colonia Santa Maria Hotel Beach Resort, also known as CSM Hotel or CSM Beach resort, is the premier resort on Baga beach of Calangute. The silver sand Baga beach is rightly touching the property. You do not have to go onto the main beach itself for the sun deck of the hotel is the rising green dune from where you get magnificent view of the Arabian sea and sun bathe without being hassled by the vendors on the beach. Our sea facing rooms and suites give you magnificent views from your balcony. The resort over four acres of spacious gardens is built in Portuguese style villas, each having six suites/rooms. Main beach is just couple of minutes walk even from the farthest room from the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Colonia Santa Maria (CSM) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.