We are part of a hard core of regulars that return to the Ronil year after year. This was our 17th year there and this year we stayed for 6 weeks. The entire staff, who are the cornerstone of the hotel, are excellent - very friendly and welcoming. We found nothing was too much trouble for them to ensure we had a very comfortable and happy stay. Although there were just one or two issues with the food , in general it was very good. The main problem appeared to be serving hot food all together but , as the management are already aware of this, I am sure these issues will shortly be sorted out.
The hotel remained much the same for 25 years so improvements were needed and indeed the new management have already carried out some much needed refurbishment of the rooms, The reception area has been completely upgraded with the addition of a bar and there is new furniture in the restaurant and around the two pools. The restaurant area has also been redesigned and now has a canopy. We were informed that further improvements will be carried out later this year so it will only get better. One mistake I feel has been made is the removal of the outside Tandoor which, to me, typifies Indian food and made a very good visual impact on guests. When you think Tandoor you think Indian food ! I hope that ways can be found for it to be reintroduced.
Finally, a public thankyou to the Manager Mr Dennis D'Costa. On the day we were due to fly out of Goa the taxi drivers went on strike and there was no practical way for us to get to the airport. Bearing in mind we were independant travellers it did pose a considerable problem. Dennis personally intervened and ensured that we caught our flight. Yet another indication of the level of service you will receive at the Ronil.
In its class I regard this as the best hotel in the area and we hope and fully expect to return next year which in itself is a recomendation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ronil is centrally located in Baga and in close proximity to the famous night spots like Tito's Mambos and Kamaki... It is right where the action is. The resort has 2 swimming pools and our refurbished restaurant serves arguably the best Goan food in Baga. One must try the Stuffed Crabs and the Prawn Balchao for sure besides the usual favourites of fish curry and prawn curry... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Keys Resort-Ronil reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ronil Beach Hotel Baga
- Ronil Beach Resort Goa
- Ronil Beach Hotel Goa
- Ronil Beach Resort Baga
- Ronil Beach Resort Calangute
- Keys Resort-Ronil Goa/Baga