“Didnt want to leave” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Derby, United Kingdom
“Didnt want to leave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

having just returned back from our third stay at the Ronil want to just say how much we enjoyed our stay, the service and the food were the best yet. The rooms are basic but always clean and fresh towels daily both in the room and by the pool or for the beach. The road is busy but we now have the luxury of a pavement so walking around is so much better. Blossem a taxi driver who works from outside the Ronil will look after you if you want to travel further afield. Best resturants Under the STARS ON CSM road and JA's italian on Arpora road. Can not wait to return hope the new owners dont change too many things.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
DDCochin, General Manager at Keys Resort-Ronil, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that your stay with us was excellent.

We look forward to having you back at our resort again next year for your fourth visit.

We would like to inform you that the resort upgradation planned will only enhance our guests experiences.

Dennis D'Costa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We planned a trip to Goa, especially for my grandmother who had a wish from many years to visit Goa. Specially to be mentioned she is 76 years old and barely able to walk. Happy and excited we made bookings through an travel agent company "Balaji Tours, Andheri", which was done a month before we were to reach Goa, and the travel agent booked us 2 deluxe rooms, pool facing in Ronil Resort near Baga Beach, and a very important point to be mentioned here is that we asked to make an arrangement of a wheel chair for my 76 years old grandmother who is barely able to walk and for that we also told the agent to book rooms on the ground floor, all for my grandmother's accessibility. All done, i received copy of my booking of Ronil Resort, Goa. As we reached there, we were stunned and surprised only to find out that the rooms booked on special request for my grandmother were given to some other people, and on top of that there was no arrangement of wheelchair. When asked for clarification from the travel agent he said that the rooms were booked and informed the resort about the wheel chair, whereas the Ronil Resort guys said that they dint receive the payment and were not informed about the wheel chair. We were literally harassed by such behaviour of the Ronil Resort staff. The resort don't even have arrangements for old age citizens or physically handicapped persons. Having booked 2 Deluxe rooms, they proposed us to stay in standard rooms. THIS WAS SHEER MENTAL HARASSMENT FOR US. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND OR SUGGEST THIS RESORT FOR ANYONE. STAY AWAY.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DDCochin, General Manager at Keys Resort-Ronil, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Guest

We have also received your feedback through another channel and the necessary corrective action was taken immediately on knowing your feedback. I have spoken to Mr. Gavankar as well.

I personally met up with your Grandmother and family and addressed the experience.

Let me assure you that it is not our intention to inconvenience our guests. It was due to to lapses in communication from the agent that this situation arose.

At the resort options were given to the family on arrival for rooms on the ground floor though not in the same block. We had received a request only for a interconnecting set of rooms with no mention of a ground floor room from your agent which we had blocked accordingly.

We assure you that it is our endeavor to ensure all our guests. While I do agree it did inconvenience your family, the resort should not be held accountable in totality and I recommend you take up the matter strongly with your travel agent.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Myself and three friends (three Americans of Indian descent and one American not of Indian descent) did some cursory research (mainly using Tripadvisor) and stayed at the Ronil in mid-January for a few days. We were extremely satisfied with the great food, ambiance, and comfort of the rooms (and bathrooms, of which I am particularly fussy). The entertainment and patronage of the bar area in the hotel left something to be desired (if you are looking for young, single tourists), however the location is right in the middle of everything that Baga has to offer. I will certainly stay here again if in Baga!

Room Tip: The road might be bit loud (as some other reviewers have noted); we stayed in a room towards the bac...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
DDCochin, General Manager at Keys Resort-Ronil, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time out to give us your feedback.

We are glad that your friends and you had a pleasant stay.

We have noted your other suggestions as well and will look into the same.

We look forward to you staying with us again on your next trip to Goa....

Best Regards
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Having spent Christmas at The Ronil Beach Resort we had a great time. A few negatives to get out of the way first. We were booked into room F1 which is adjacent to the main road, to say that the road is busy is an understatement. The cars , bikes , lorries and taxi's honk morning noon and night. The only respite from it is between the hours of 4am and 6am. Because it was Christmas were unable to move room. I would say that blocks E F & G would be noisy and anything directly above reception. Further back was ok , the pool area was not noisy at all so anything past the pool would have been fine. Also F1 was directly next to the area that the "maids" collected all their sheets etc , so every morning you would be woken up by them chattering.
The pool area is ok but ther are definately not enough sunbeds (20) there are more tables and chairs than sunbeds , it would be better if they put some of the tables and chairs away during the day and replaced them with sunbeds. The pool itself was quite warm as it gets the sun most of the day but the bottom of the pool was a bit "slimy" and you frequently lost your balance when walking in.
Negatives out of the way the rest is as follows. The rooms are small but adequate , the bathroom is fine , with a walk in shower , toilet and vanity. There is one wardrobe but only one drawer , the room ad A/C and an overhead fan which kept the room cool enough all day and night. WIFI is only available in the lobby but is cheap enough at 100RP for 24 hours. There are no tea and coffee making facilites so don't forget the travel kettle . Food at the hotel is fine and they do try and please their guests , cheese on toast is a bit odd but passable and curry for breakfast is a bit odd.
The weather is fantastic and we were a short walk to the beach via Tito's road. The sea can become quite rough and care must be taken to stay within the "safe swim zone flags" but it is great fun trying to stay upright.The shacks are a great diversion and they are quite happy for you to stay all day at no charge but you will be expected to buy a couple of beers / soft drinks and or a lunch Garlic prawns and a 600ml Kingfisher for under 3 quid .... rude not to. Eating out is fantastic , be warned curries are not what they are in the UK , they are alot hotter , even a butter chicken and a korma was far to hot for my friends taste. Prawns are cheap and plentiful as is steak. Best restaurants : EAST MEETS WEST (Opposite the Nazri Resort turn right outside the hotel) and FIRE AND ICE ( left out of the hotel and turn right at PINTO'S on the corner.) Both restaurants do fntastic steaks and prawn dishes. PINTO's have a phone box where making calls home is as cheap as chips. DAVID'S RESTAURANT in Candolim does a lovely squid dish and has cheap beer.
I was unfortunate enough to fall ill whislt there and had to call a doctor urgently , please be aware that they will call a Doctor that doesn't speak very good english. He totally misdiagnosed me and if I hadn't been flying home 4 days later I would have been very ill indeed , I spent 3 days in hospital on arrival in the UK and hopefully there will be no lasting damage. Please make it clear that you want an English speaking doctor if you have the misfortune to need one. This episode hasn't put me off and we will be returing to Goa in 2014 but perhaps will stay in Candolim. Goa is cheap and struggled to spend £600 in 2 weeks including gifts to bring home and eating out most nights.

Room Tip: Choose a room furthest from the pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DDCochin, Front Office Manager at Keys Resort-Ronil, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time out to give us your feedback of your recent stay.

We have noted your feedback on the rooms being in close proximity to the road and as you mentioned this was peak season for us and hence the reason why my team would not have been able to offer you an alternative room during your stay with us.
I have noted your feedback on the food and would also like to inform you that since we have to cater to guests of different countries and cultures our buffets are designed to suit our varied guests needs and hence the curries for breakfast which is a accompaniment for Indian breads.

We do hope you return to our resort on your next visit to Goa.

Thank you once again for your feedback and have a great year ahead.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

First time to Goa and therefore the Ronil Beach. First night was spent in room V10 with the noise and vibration through the walls of the small pool pump house attached to the room (trust me not something you really need after a long flight!)

Therefore in the morning straight up to reception to see if this could be sorted,considering the time of year of my vacation (Christmas and New Year)I honestly did not expect much joy. However the friendly reception staff did everything within their power to offer alternative
accommodation and we ended up at the furthest point from reception in J4 which whilst a little musty was big and spacious with free air conditioning/ceiling fan/TV/small fridge and a safe deposit box. Whilst being a hike up to the main reception areas it was quiet and for the duration of my holiday I did have an enjoyable stay.

One thing that did bother me was whilst been given the use of a freesmall safe deposit box,the box was in no way attached to anything! meaning that if anyone had broken into the room all they had to do was take the safe box and open it at their leisure? Very strange.

Breakfast was more that adequate and plenty of juices,fruit,eggs every way you could possibly want them and was definitely a plus to the holiday.

The 3 evening meal tickets you get per week whist sounding good were in my opinion a let down as the standard of the evening meals was not that good (try cold soup on 2 occasions) and the "tonight" Chef's special of a BBQ beefsteak that must have been tenderized with sledge hammer to the point of falling to bits will for ever linger in my mind ;-) We all have different tastes and I may have just caught theevening meal deal on the wrong nights. As there are some really good restaurants around, 3 of which are just a short walk up to the CSM road. In fact I would stress to anyone visiting this part of India for the first time that I found the quality of hygiene and service to be superb.

I found the all the staff at the Ronil Beach to be polite and attentive from management down to the room cleaners. You really did feel special.

If I have one criticism of this Hotel it has to be the main swimming pool and it's surrounding areas. Lets stat with the pool area. There are just not enough sunbeds for the guests,something management should look at because it just forces their guests out of the hotel to the beach and part with their rupees elsewhere..

My biggest concern lies with the the main pool which at the time I was there had no filtration system other than the occasional twin pipes shoved in at one end. Maybe it had broken down? but when you look at a swimming pool on an evening and it is as flat as a mill pond then what
you have is stagnant water! The bottom of the pool was extremely slippy suggesting a layer of grime and algae and no attempt was seen to use the usual pool cleaning attachments other than the "bug" sweeper net. The tiles and grouting where absolutely filthy having not been scrubbed and cleaned for a long time. Yes I know this is India but I have seen better kept swimming pools in Africa.

The Ronil Beach in a nutshell............an extremely good hotel let down by problems that would be simple and cheap to rectify. Would I go back? ................... Yes because it is a very friendly obliging hotel in a location that puts you right in the middle of the action with everything you could possibly need within easy reach

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback.

I am glad that overall your stay with us was comfortable.

I have noted your feedback on the pool, the safe and the food in the restaurant.

Let me assure you that we have received good feedback on our food from most of our guests but we value your feedback and will definitely look into the same.

We are glad to note that you intend to visit our resort again on your next visit.

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at the Ronil We were given B3 as I requested a room due to my disability and was once again pleased with your choice, The staff even put me 2 soft mattress`s on the bed due to my illness`s how good is that
The staff in all areas are curteous and very exceptionally helpfull in every way they they can be. I had the oppertunity to talk to Mr Dennis whe politely told me of the the upgrading which is due to start in April I am really looking foreward to our next visit
The Christmas and New Year Galas are Superb with great choice of food.
I cannot understand the Negative remarks which are made some of the rooms are very tired but if you ask for a move they will help you if Possible and the bad reamrks about the food well I really don`t know hwere theyare coming form Breakfast choice is excellent lots of choice and served by smiley faces We cannot wait to go back only 47 weeks to go

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DDCochin, General Manager at Keys Resort-Ronil, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time out to give us your valuable feedback.

We thank you for your continued support of our property and confidence in our team which motivates both of you to keep returning to our resort.

I am glad to note that my team was able to take care of your requests to make sure your stay was comfortable.

We look forward to having you back again next year.

Best wishes

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I don't expect much from a fairly cheap hotel, the weather here is fantastic, it has a pool, so as long as the service is acceptable I'm fine. Unfortunately the staff on reception were rude and disorganised. Seem to take an age to ackowledge you even though there's 5 people behind the counter not really doing anything. Not helpful. Take an age to do anything. I paid for 24 hrs wifi, but the password rubbed off the ticket. Clearly stated it had 20 hours remaining validity, but they made me pay again. I thought worth it to connect and write this review. Food fine. Pool fine. Rooms ok, but AC didn't work properly. View from the balcony over a rubbish dump so get a pool facing room. 10 mins walk from baga beach.

• Stayed January 2013

Greetings from the Keys Resort - Goa

Thank you for your feedback which you have posted on Tripadvisor. I have noted your disappointment on how your request for another wifi connection was handled and I would like to inform you that the same has been addressed.

I have also noted your feedback on the functioning of AC in the Room which is being addressed. With regard to your feedback on the view from your room, I would like to inform you that your room was overlooking a private property which the resort has no control over.

We at the resort endeavor to maintain our property to the best of our ability.

Thank you also for the positive feedback on the room, the pool and the food.

We value your feedback and thank you for the same.

Best regards

Dennis D'Costa

Been to Keys Resort-Ronil? Share your experiences!