We booked a double bungalow from the Mbuyuni Beach Village for six nights (for Christmas holidays) through the hostelbookers.com. When we arrived there, the receptionist showed us a list of reservations to confirm the availability of bungalows. I found my name as the 7th one on their list of a total of 18 names. However, some of their staff had used a pencil to overwrite my name on the list, meaning that our booking was no longer valid although we had paid our reservation fee many months earlier. The receptionist then told us that they had booked us a room from another bungalow village in the Jambiani village center, but that place did not have a swimming pool and was generally of lower quality than their place. When I was trying to ask the reason for the cancellation of our booking, the receptionist started to tell stories and lies about the problems with internet, etc. which, however, did not justify why my name was on their list and then cancelled by them in the first place. They were not even willing to give us our money back or to give us any discount if we moved to the other lower quality bungalow they had already booked for us. The dishonesty of the staff at the Mbuyuni Beach Village did not end there as they next took us to the Shehe Bungalows where a worn out room with a broken mirror, dirty bedding, irregular availability of water in the shower, no towels, etc. was waiting for us. As a compensation they promised to bring us two matresses to be used on the beach, but as we expected these matresses were never brought to us. So, avoid the Mbuyuni Beach Village at all cost unless you want to experience the same bad management, poor customer service and relocation to a lower quality accommodation as we did during our Christmas holidays in 2012. In addition, the beach in front of the Mbuyuni Beach Village is not good for swimming, so it is better to book some other bungalow closer to the Jambiani village if you really want to enjoy the joy of swimming in the Indian Ocean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mbuyuni Beach Village is located on the east coast of Zanzibar, right at the beginning of Jambiani village, 4 minutes drive after passing Paje village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Mbuyuni Beach Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mbuyuni Beach Village Hotel Jambiani
- Mbuyuni Beach Village Zanzibar/Jambiani