“The right relaxing and local touch experience” 5 of 5 stars

Mamamapambo Boutique Hotel
P.O.Box 695, Jambiani, Tanzania   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Jambiani
Bovisio Masciago, Italy
“The right relaxing and local touch experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you are looking for an exciting local experience you are in the right place .
Homemade food , cooked just in front of you…excellent breakfast and personnel availability .
The structure brings you into the local culture and tradition . Using it as a base Paolo ,Cristina and their staff are fully available to suggest you what is the best to do and see on the Island

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Skien, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

We stayed 14 days in one of the superior rooms with a/c. If you like to study native african life, this is the place. It was end of the season, and we have nothing to compare with, but we did not miss anything. The staff were extremely service minded and Christina and Paolo made their best to feel us welcome.
It is not a budget hotel, but transport, tours etc. was safe and well organized.
The food tasted well, but was not very exiting. It was of course up to us to go other places for lunch and dinner.
We have a memory for life, and as we became friends with the staff, we are more than happy to come back some time.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2015

My experience in Zanzibar and in particular at Mamamapambo was superb.

Since arrival I have been warmly greeted by Sharif and Mohammed that showed me where my room was and have always been helpful throughout my staying. Christina and Paolo have been great hosts - they made sure I was well taken care of and helped me putting together a very nice 3-day staying. As a solo female traveler could be quite daunting, but all the staff made sure I was safe and well looked after.
Everybody made sure my travelling was effortless.
A special thanks goes to Shawal, a highly knowledgeable guy that works as a guide at Mamamapambo. I have got stopped few times by other tourists asking if it was possible to book a tour with Shawal cause they could notice his level of engagement and willingness to share everything he could possibly know about Zanzibar!!!
Mamamapambo felt home.
As other reviews say, it's true the room is quite dark, it's hot and the fan is so loud, you can barely sleep due to the hard bed and the strong noise of the sea waves, the prices are slightly and only slightly higher than other places.....BUT....I WOULD HAVE NOT PICKED A BETTER HOTEL THAN MAMAMAPAMBO! if I expected things to be perfect, I would have stayed at home, or picked one of those ALL-Inclusive resorts that lack of total authenticity!
And I am happy to pay slightly more for a safe and reliable service.

The food was delicious!

I would definitely return to Mamamapambo with my husband very soon!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Edinburgh, Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2015

This place is perfectly fine, and the good points are all covered accurately in the other reviews, however following quite a bit of experience of Zanzibaris beach accommodation (we used to live there) I wouldn't rate this as particularly exceptional. True, it is in a lovely, not too touristy spot, and the food is better than average, but it is far from good value compared to the norm for the area, and the rooms are quirky but ultimately not that restful, especially if it's hot. Advice would be to go for a night or two and explore the other nearby beach bars for more interesting lunch and sundowners. And if costs rather than ease are a concern, don't let the hotel organise cabs to get there or excursions- going rate is half what they charge.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2015

An amazing, wonderful, magical place. From the moment I arrived I was welcomed. The staff was always smiling and helpful. Food was gourmet quality and our room under the eves was right out of a fairy tale.

I hope that my review doesn't prevent me from getting a room next time, but they are well worth the rave review.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2015

My husband and I spent 5 days there in late January.
wonderful peaceful space, the highlight for me was the daily routine of the locals, earning a living, on the water, men fishing, women seaweed farming.
Warm and welcoming staff, good food and cold beers.
The electric often went off and wifi could be difficult but heh ! Your in Africa not London..
Would go back the at the touch of a button

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2015

we had booked through Borderless Tours and safaris for a getaway to Zanzibar, after staying for two nights in Stone town it was relaxing to be away from the busy town and enjoy the beach. the hotel is remarkable as me, my husband and our group enjoyed our stay in this wonderful hotel. the only thing that was upsetting was upon departure we had to settle the payment as once we had already paid the tour company as the same occurred to us with the hotel we stayed in stone town. I would highly recommend to not book anything through this tour company as up to this day our group hasn't been reimbursed the money we had to pay before our leave from Zanzibar. all in al we had an amazing time in Zanzibar. hope to vivi this wonderful place again.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Mamamapambo Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!