“still going strong” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vietnamese
melbourne
“still going strong”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

good food good service, have been here a lot of times, first time when it was one shop front, now huge, prices are up, but still excellent food.

Visited February 2013

66% Recommend
Australia
“Iconic Vietnamese - Best of breed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I first ate at this restaurant over 20 years ago, then moved away from Melbourne. Now I am back I eat here weekly with my new wife, who although Chinese loves the clean crisp flavours this restaurant offers. With the son who's photo adorns the wall as a small child, now all grown up and working the floor, the next generation is set to continue in the large footsteps created by his parents.

There has never been a time where I have not ordered the crispy quaiI, it is by far my favourite dish in my favourite Melbourne, Vietnamese restaurant.

My favourite waiter, Soot, always treats us like family, look out for him he has a great sence of humour.

You should note this popular large restaurant is usually buzzing with happy diners, so it is by no means a quiet space.

While you a free to linger over your meal, you can also be served fed and out in a very short space of time, and it's not unusual for tables to be turned over 3 times over lunch and 5 times over dinner, but never have I had to wait for a table to become ready, somehow there always seems to be a table available.

Enjoy!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Best First Dinner in Melbourne!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

The rice wraps were so FRESH! I could easily have eaten 3 plates of it! Main courses were filling and staff were friendly too! So of course I ended up visiting this restaurant a handful of times within a month! ;)

Visited December 2011
Melbourne, Australia
“CONSISTENTLY GOOD - NEVER DISAPPOINTS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I have been coming to Tho Tho since it first opened and think it is the most consistent of all the Vietnamese restaurants in Victoria Street. We have never had a bad meal. Last time started with the pork belly rice paper rolls - delicious, then sate pork ion skewer, prawn pancake and chicken coleslaw - all excellent in fact I think they do the best chicken coleslaw of any vietnamese restaurant I have tried and I have tried a lot. Service is excellent and waiters friendly and always remember our favourite dishes.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dimmi78
“Best on victoria st”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2008

For me, the best on victoria st. Food is always fantastic and the vegetarian rice paper rolls are to die for!