“still going strong” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
melbourne
“still going strong”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

good food good service, have been here a lot of times, first time when it was one shop front, now huge, prices are up, but still excellent food.

Visited February 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Just keeps getting better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and I have been eating at Tho Tho for over 10 years and it keeps getting better. We visited sat evening with a friend from Sydney Ho had not eaten Vietnamese in Melbourne before and another friend from Fiji who had Beverley eaten Vietnamese before. I think that they would ave eaten all the food if we had et them!!! We left the choice of food to our waiter and it was terrific- the duck in prawn crackers was to die for. The dawns and calamari were cooked to perfection and everything else was stunning. My Fiji friend was blown away by fried ice cream- if you havent tried it , this is the place.
Service is excellent, too. The only downside is that it is quite noisy because it is so popular !!! Don't go if you want an intimate dinner. We will continue to visit and, lie sat evening, hope to try fod we haven't ever had before.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne, Australia
“Vietnamese served quick”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We ate here with a large group on a Saturday evening with no booking required. The service was excellent, quick and constant. The food was spicy and delicious and the servings are large, however the noise of all other diners was probably the only issue. It is a large restaurant so plenty of seats and was great for a lovely meal prior to going on to another event. It was also surprisingly cheap! It is licensed and excellent value so I would highly recommend!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Australia
“Good Vietnamese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

My husband and I eat regularly at this restaurant for a quick meal. We have tried most of the restaurants in this street and we still come back to this one. The restaurant is clean enough and a great meeting place for families, so it can get noisy at times. The meals come quick which is important when you have children with you. The typical Vietnamese spring rolls are always good to start off with. Even though we love Pho, we have not had it here as yet as we always go for the other dishes. The prawn pancake is one I tend to go for.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Australia
“Iconic Vietnamese - Best of breed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I first ate at this restaurant over 20 years ago, then moved away from Melbourne. Now I am back I eat here weekly with my new wife, who although Chinese loves the clean crisp flavours this restaurant offers. With the son who's photo adorns the wall as a small child, now all grown up and working the floor, the next generation is set to continue in the large footsteps created by his parents.

There has never been a time where I have not ordered the crispy quaiI, it is by far my favourite dish in my favourite Melbourne, Vietnamese restaurant.

My favourite waiter, Soot, always treats us like family, look out for him he has a great sence of humour.

You should note this popular large restaurant is usually buzzing with happy diners, so it is by no means a quiet space.

While you a free to linger over your meal, you can also be served fed and out in a very short space of time, and it's not unusual for tables to be turned over 3 times over lunch and 5 times over dinner, but never have I had to wait for a table to become ready, somehow there always seems to be a table available.

Enjoy!