“In all my travels, I have never experienced such a lack of service from a so called, services residence.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Andre's Mews

Save Saved
You added Andre's Mews to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Andre's Mews
5.0 of 5 Lodge   |   89 Church Street, Richmond, Yarra, Victoria 3121, Australia   |
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012 via mobile

Although our rooms were beautifully decorated, several isssues experienced were;

Broken oven
Broken fridge door
No daily servicing, rudely advised that the maid was away.
No daily towel replacement
Management did not know the WIFI password
Door locks extremely difficult (almost broken)
Unfriendly and extremely pretentious staff

• Stayed March 2012

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Walnut Creek, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

While the rooms were undeniably beautiful my entire stay was ruined by the worst service I have ever experienced in a hotel and nasty follow up encounters. I booked this accomodation for a special occasion. When we arrived it took us 20 mins to get in because no one would answer the door or phone. While we were there we consistently tried to call reception but the phone was never answered. I did however hear someone chatting on the phone when we were finally let in which suggested they were simply ignoring their call waiting tone. Foxtel and wireless did not work. We called reception no less than 25 more times during our two night stay and not one call was answered. When we went to leave we finally found the owner who apologised for not seeing us before then. When we explained that we couldnt get through on the phone she was angry rather than apologetic ( mind you she was on the phone again at the time) The next week I was charged $50 for 'using' the second bed in my room. I was never advised not to use this bed. Further to this the bed had been sat on not slept in. The reason they charged $50 for the 'use' of this bed was they apparently had to change the sheets. In 5 star accom I would expect that these sheets would be changed anyway incise someone slept in, and then re-made the bed! I am privileged to frequently stay in 5 star accom for work and never in all my stays ( which cost less than this place) have I ever been ignored and then spoken to as badly as I have here. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Melbourne is made even better with a stay at Andre's Mews. This visit was for a stay of 5 nights in the wonderul Carl James apartment. Two bedroom, two bathroom, full kitchen, laundry,fireplace, balcony with fountain and fish, plently of living space, lots of atmosphere and comfortable couches.
We have wanted to stay in this apartment from first finding AM, but this time Yvonne made is possible with an upgrade. Wow!! We were originally booked for her new apartment the Ma Mere, where we would have happily stayed and hope to do so next visit. But the CJ is a space to spend time in. From breakfast provisions provided in the form of cheese, salmon, bread, cereal, juice, coffee, tea, eggs, it is easy to cook yourself an early breakfast or late supper to enjoy at the dining table or on the balcony. A perfect place for two couples traveling together. Both bedrooms beautifully done with quality pillows and linens. The apartment is filled with mirrors, lamps, candles, books and even more lamps to create a lovely atmosphere.
She is doing up a outdoor area and the inner courtyard has never looked better. Parking space can be booked and internet is provided for free.
The photos really speak for the space.
The tram is a short walk away, tickets can be bought at the 7 eleven across the street. Takes about 15 minutes to the CBD. It was easy to hail a cab from the sidewalk. A very good Hilliers chocolate shop is just beside AM.
We did a lot of eating out in Melbourne and I can recommend the following resturants:
Vue de Monde, Cutler & Co, Gingerboy, Golden Fields and Spice Temple. Just wish I had more room for more great food.

Room Tip: All the rooms have charm.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I recently spent 3 nights at the Andre Mew's in The ICart apartment, and it was simply divine. There is not a detail which has been over looked, the rooms are decorated beautifully with quality fixtures and is located in the heart of Richmond which is close to all facilities.

The only downside was, there is no reception so check-in and check-out was a little confusing.

All in all this is my new favourite place to stay in Melbourne!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

I stayed at this property for 8 weeks last year while working in Melbourne. During that time I stayed in one smaller one bedroom apartment while I was alone and moved into a larger two bedroom when joined by 2 members of my family.

I give this property my unconditional approval. Its in a great location with everything you would need within a short walk. trams to the city outside the door, cabs, parking and a great selection of shopping on Bridge Road which is a 5 minute walk away.
The apartments are stylish, well appointed, great quality fittings and furnishings ad everything is thought of. All requests were responded to enthusiastically and it was like being at home with all the comforts and individual touches that are so absent from the bulk of serviced apartments boutique or otherwise.

The rates were reasonable given the quality of the apartments and fit out and the staff were friendly and helpful
What more could you ask for? Its first rate. David

Room Tip: All the rooms are great
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

We recently experienced a two night stay at Andre's Mews in "The Maxine". It is a one bedroom appartment and simply divine, it exceeded my expectations, and that is amazing in itself!! Our appartment was equally, if not better than the pictures on their website.
Exquisite furnishings with lavish toiletries and ample supplies in the fridge & pantry for breakfast, as well as cheese & strawberries which went down very nice with the wine we took for the weekend!
I have stayed many places in Melbourne, but this is now my favorite, I really quite liked it's location, although not quite in the "heart" of Richmond, the walk did us both good, as well as using trams to get to the city, for the first time in about 15 years. We loved the north facing balcony, to sun ourselves whilst having breakfast and the choice of cd's was a lovely touch, as well as a copious choice of magazines to flip through.
We were amazed at how quiet our accomodation was considering we were staying on Church St. I have nothing to complain about except for the bed which looked beautiful and was most comfortable but when you have a 6ft 4" husband the bed was too small, it was not a queen but not a double, seemed like something in between, but too small for the two of us. But hey, don't let that ruin what I consider a most magnificent stay.
We shall definitely be returning soon.

Room Tip: Check out their website to pick the room best 4 u.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

This is a beautiful, boutique hotel (really a group of apartments) that are uniquely decorated. Ours, the Yvette, was a top floor, art deco, one bedroom loft with two balconies and all the mod cons. We didn't see the other rooms, but have every faith they're the same quality, just different styles.

After being escorted in by Rodolpho and settled in the room, complete with a tray of breakfast provisions, fresh flowers, DVDs in the cabinet, and many more extras, we didn't actually want to leave and head out around Melbourne.

If you're looking for something different, with absolute guaranteed privacy but with so much more personality than a hotel - and twice the luxury - then this is it.

We stayed there with our baby son, and took our own travel cot, with the one bedroom having plenty of room for him to sleep and crawl around. Not really suitable for older kids though.

Room Tip: A range of rooms are pictured on their website
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Andre's Mews? Share your experiences!