This beautiful hacienda tucked into a lush valley is as charming and beautiful a place as I can possibly hope for. And what a special place to visit after the adventure in the Galapagos. We were met by our elegant hostess who had lit crackling fires and flickering candles which caught the gleam of gilded santos tucked into niches in the wall of the living room. Trays of cheeses (made there on this dairy farm), olives and other snacks were lain on the coffee table and a selection of wines and other drinks were out for our enjoyment. The rooms are charming with hand painted walls, nice bed linens, a crackling fireplace in every room, hot water bottles tucked into our bed, baskets of bath salts (for soaking your muscles after an exhilarating canter on gorgeous horses through Andean hills). Casement windows open to flower scented gardens. The dining room has a long beautifully set table where the very kind staff serve meals community style-- the company interesting and the food lovingly prepared fresh from the extensive vegetable gardens outside. Trays of coffee and fresh dairy cream awaited us every morning. We milked cows in the pasture with lovely women, bejeweled and embroidered in the local style. It is an extraordinary place, a family home with a great history, and I feel incredibly lucky to have been a guest in this heaven.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Zuleta Hotel Imbabura Province
- Hacienda Zuleta Hotel
- Hacienda Zuleta Ecuador/Imbabura
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only two hours north of Quito, Hacienda Zuleta is a family owned, 2,000 hectare real estate with colonial buildings dating back to 1691. Situated within a tranquil and fertile valley between Cayambe and Ibarra, you will have the impression that you have traveled back in time. The expansive Hacienda Zuleta grounds include a working dairy farm, cheese factory, trout farm, horse stables and an beautiful organic vegetable garden where most of our food comes from. We also manage an Andean Condor Rescue Center and the Hacienda is surrounded by three beautiful Andean communities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hacienda Zuleta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.