This is my second time to this most amazing place on earth. I love nature and the exquisite beauty of the nature, hacienda, the indigenous people and the incredible Gallo Plaza family.
You are taken back to a time that is still alive on this magnificent working farm.
I chose to stay here for 20 days for an immersion in learning Spanish as a second language and I was not disappointed!
Plus, I feel part of this lovely and very generous Hacienda Zuleta Family. Everyone that works their makes you feel so comfortable and they are so lovely. I miss them already!
The service is beyond your expectations, the food is grown on the farm which includes an amazing cheese factory, an organic garden which continues to be improved with the latest technology, a beautiful and critical Condor Rehabilitation project that is very famous, the beautiful women who still embroider as they did centuries ago, the beautiful indigenous children plus the pure air and miles of walking trails in this incredible setting!
If you love horses then this is the place for you as they are the most beautiful horses I have ever seen. I also loved the fact that every morning I would see the cows being herded to the pastures along with new calves and new colts with their mother's.
I will be back to this magical place where they take care of their guests as if you were royalty but in a very relaxed setting sitting by a fireplace or taking breakfast in the dining room where you watch humming birds sail along the patio or lunch with the most vibrant view of the majestic mountains.
I even saw the most famous Spectacle Bear!!
This is an extraordinary place with magic all around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only two hours north of Quito, Hacienda Zuleta is a family owned, 2,000 hectare real estate with colonial buildings dating back to 1691. Situated within a tranquil and fertile valley between Cayambe and Ibarra, you will have the impression that you have traveled back in time. The expansive Hacienda Zuleta grounds include a working dairy farm, cheese factory, trout farm, horse stables and an beautiful organic vegetable garden where most of our food comes from. We also manage an Andean Condor Rescue Center and the Hacienda is surrounded by three beautiful Andean communities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Hacienda Zuleta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Zuleta Hotel Imbabura Province
- Hacienda Zuleta Ecuador/Imbabura