“A taste of a dream life” 5 of 5 stars

You added Estancia La Rosita to your Saves list
Estancia La Rosita
National Route 53 - Kilometer 12, Esquina 3196, Argentina   |
Gothenburg, Sweden
“A taste of a dream life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We just got back to Sweden after spending 5 days at La Rosita. This was truly one of the best, if not the best experience of our lives. Fernando and his lovely family and team made our stay unforgettable. They provide the absolute best and genuine service you can imagine. The nature and surroundings are stunning.
The horses are great and after some hours in the saddle herding cattle and galloping in the water, we felt like we wanted to stay forever.
In one afternoon ride we passed by a field where huge water melons grew and i thought to myself - That looks delicious. All the sudden the Goucho stopped, like he red my mind, - you want some "Sandia". He cut it open with his big knife and gave us a big piece.
Marcus got dressed up like a real Goucho and we got to participate in a lot of cattle work.
A true life experience and adventure. We will definitely return to La Rosita some day to play some polo and a for revenge in Truco (a spanish card game).
Hasta la proxima!
Linn & Marcus

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
EstanciaLaRositaArge, Propietario at Estancia La Rosita, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Linn & Marcus!!!
Thanks a lot for your testimony. Really, thank you very much!
What a wonderful 2013 had started for us!!!
We usually have nice people as guest at La Rosita, but this year looks like is going to be a Special Year, , full of nice persons coming to La Rosita!
Linn & Marcus, thanks a lot for your visit, your perception, education, respect and interest.
This is not a compliment, we enjoy having guest at our Estancia, but, sometimes the pleasure is double!
We will be wating for you, for the revenge at the Truco & to play some Polo also.
Keep in touch.
Thank you !!!
Fernando & Landgraf Family.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Apple Tree Creek
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Nearly two months after my visit, I am still raving to everyone about my stay at La Rosita and fully intend to find time in the not too distant future to return. From the moment I arrived off the bus (still jetlagged) I was made to feel like a member of the family and the peaceful location was exactly as promsied.

Booking trips from the other side of the world you can be a bit hit and miss, but certainly not here. The rooms are lovely, all the meals amazing and everyone very friendly, including the wonderful horses.

I did not do the Estancia to Estancia ride like most other reviews, but instead stayed a full week at La Rosita, so had the chance to really relax and unwind in this perfect setting. Any language differences were minimal (thanks to a couple of dictionaries at meal times), and coming from a rural lifestyle it was very interesting to see the amazing similarities (and differences!) to my own country.

To have your horse tacked up each day for you was a luxury in itself for me, and then to come back at the end of a relaxing ride, right on dusk, surrounded by fire-flies to be greeted by a glass of lovely red wine will be my ultimate take away memory of this holiday. No pretentions, lots of laughs and a wonderful family location.

To have a full week of horses, peace, quiet, no phones, no tv was in itself great, but the location and the people made this perfection. My only regrets are not getting into the kitchen to watch and learn some of the wonderful meals that were served up, and not being impulsive enough to buy some beautiful local leather saddlery items to bring home with me, but I guess I can do that next time!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
EstanciaLaRositaArge, Owner at Estancia La Rosita, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thanks a lot for your review and all the nice things that you wrote about La Rosita and about our family!!
Was a pleasure to share with you that week , your humor and also very interesting to share your knowledge about farming !!
WISHES OF A GREAT 2013 !!! Looking forwards to keep in touch!
Landgraf Family & La Rosita Staff!!!!!!!
Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have just arrived home after our stay at La Rosita. I travelled with a girlfriend - we are both in our sixties. We have had the holiday of a lifetime - I don't think either of us have laughed, smiled or been so happy day after day for years. Fernando and his whole extended family made our stay so special. We feel so privileged to have been allowed to join them not only on the gaucho ride but also in cattle work and trying to play some dreadful polo. I laughed until I cried - it was brilliant. The gaucho ride was fantastic - excellent well mannered horses, delightful gauchos, wonderful food. The very real pride Fernando and his family have in their family estancia and their region is wonderful and their values are palpable - we are very very lucky people to have been allowed to share their life. His mother is an excellent cook and her pasta is some of the best you will eat anywhere. We hope one day to return with our families.

Room Tip: all the rooms we had were good. Some houses did have rather firm mattresses. Take a plug if you wan...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
EstanciaLaRositaArge, Manager at Estancia La Rosita, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR REVIEW!!!! We always forget to ask for reviews, so that when we receive one, luckly, it is a very nice sorprise!!
Sincerily, It was (for all of us) a REAL and BIG pleasure to share with you this week.
Hoping that your families were OK on your arrival back home!!
Looking forwards with warmest regards.
Fernando & Family.

*I take note about the mattresses to check it in all the estancias! Thank you!
Nieuw Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Had a great time riding from estancia to estancia. All estancias are beautiful, it's been a superb experience staying in Argentinian homes. Fernando & family take care of everything and make sure you're not a tourist but a guest. Loved the food, loved the people, loved the ride. Highly recommended to anyone who wants to get away from tourism, enjoy the landscape and space on horse, and have lots of fun. Will definitely go again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
estancialarosita, Propietario at Estancia La Rosita, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Hi Nancy!!
Thanks a lot for your review!!!
It is really very very nice for all of us to hear from you again!! We will be watinting for you at la Rosita !!!! And you know that in case you dont came to La Rosita but you came back to argentina will be a big pleasure for all of us to meet you again and also to help you planning your trip around argentina!!!
Looking forwards and keep in touch!!!
Fernando & Family & Staff
Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

If you just want to get an idea of what a stay at Estancia La Rosita really entails, the days are completely tailor-made, set in the most beautiful landscape, with amazing horses and friendly people who all do what they do best. Fernando is a very engaged host, who puts pride into ensuring the very best of what La Rosita has to offer. Safe to say, this is a place that I wish to return to, and that I give my warmest recommendations. If you want to know the details of my trip you can continue reading below.

I stayed at Estancia La Rosita for about a week in the middle of June. I was a bit nervous when I was waiting for the bus that would take me on the 8 hour trip from Buenos Aires to the small town Esquina, I was alone and had traveled all the way from Sweden to experience the Argentinian countryside from horseback. The bus ride was a bit bumpy but I managed to get some sleep, and when I arrived to my destination I was greeted by Fernando, an amazingly friendly guy who, to my relief, spoke perfectly good English! From the moment we shook hands he did everything he could to make me feel at home, and to ensure that I would get the most out of my time there.

The room I stayed in was really nice, it had a big, very comfortable bed and its own bathroom. I always found that the room had been tidied up when I returned after lunch, the bed was made and the towels were all nicely folded. The food was Argentinian and excellent, I think there always were two courses for each meal (!), not to mentioned that it was served by a waiter wearing white gloves and all.

The horses were fantastic, they were energetic and very well trained. I am sure that riders of any level would appreciate this trip. For me it was great to see how they were used in the everyday work with the cattle, from herding a group of 200 cows to catching a single one with a lasso (from horseback - naturally)! I got to help as much as I wanted to, but somehow it doesn't feel like "working" when you are cantering after some cows with the most beautiful sunset as a background, with a horse that knows exactly what to do.

Fernando is, like I said, the best host you can imagine. He makes you feel as if you are part of the family, his curiosity has no end and the dinner conversations can go on forever, while the laughs get louder and louder. The other members of his family are all incredibly friendly, and the gauchos (working men on the estancia) put pride in their profession and always look after you. Safe to say, this is a place that I wish to return to, and that I give my warmest recommendations.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My estancia to estancia ride in December 2010 was an unforgettable experience. Fernando, his family and his team took very well care of me. They are paying great attention to security (they checked the equipment/saddle each time before I got on the horse) and they do their utmost to make your ride and stay as pleasant as possible. They are very much service oriented. Accommodation and food was excellent, the horses are pleasant and the riding is great. I can warmly recommend Estancia La Rosita and one thing is sure: One day I will go there again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Great Falls, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

The setting is quite rural, over 3,000 acres given to this close family all the way back to King Phillip's reign. The drive from the airport is long and the driver given to breakneck speed. The mosquitos have numbers on their backs and you'll learn to love the smell of Deet because you know that with it, you won't wake up with welts on every part of your body. Oh--and every inch of your body will ache after your second day of bringing in the cattle.

That said---my sorority little sis and I loved it. The exhilaration of galloping after a run-away steer in the most beautiful of surroundings make for a memory of a lifetime.
The family---oh, the family, is truly wonderful. Ask for anything---and you've got it. Want to watch a ranch polo match? Just ask and they'll put one on---complete with an incredible picnic served on bone china and Argentinian wine. The dinners with Mama and sons, while a linguistic struggle (only Spanish, with the son "translating," ) made for fun and wine-filled evenings. You are staying with a family and you will feel like you ARE a long-lost relative. And the food---all hand made, local, and delicious.
The rooms are comfortable, nothing more, and provincial (with hand-ironed sheets) with private baths. And in keeping with the provincial vibe---imagine getting off your horse after a long ride and being met by a young lady wearing white gloves and a proper maid's outfit bearing deliciously cold ice water on a silver tray.
Plus, with four (!) meals a day---the rates are a steal.
But, do not misunderstand. This is not a luxury resort---no golf, no spa, just a pretty old pool. Rosita is all about the horses, cattle, family, great food, and the elegance of years past.
I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Estancia La Rosita? Share your experiences!