We stayed for 11 days after two weeks in Carriacou which we found very relaxing. The drive there was a bit unnerving, as it was late, and Grenada does not do signposts. When we arrived and had settled our bags into our room, we headed for the bar and rum punchs. The meal that night was kebabs, served in a vertical skewer with delicious sauces and vegetables to match.
The meals remained at that standard throughout our stay. Breakfasts were available but as our room had basic cooking facilities, we prepared simple breakfasts and lunches for ourselves. This was helped by the wonderful fruit and freshly prepared bread available from roadside stalls and shops.
The room was large and airy with a fan and AC, and a spacious balcony overlooking the beach.There was plenty of cupboard and drawer space, as well as a large double bed with mosquito net, and another sigle bed, useful for laying out suitcases for packing.
We had lovely dawns, but as the bay is on West side, the sun goes down over the mountain behind the usual big clouds up there. The only hangup was that we only had sun on the balcony in the eqarly morning and late afternoon, but as there were loungers out on the beach and on the garden on the headland, there was plenty of sunbathing opportunities.
The room was serviced every morning, and there was a a hot shower in the bathroom.
The bays look beautiful, and apart from the floating weed on the edge, provides wonderful swimming, and occasional basic body surfing. There was a regulr breeze from the sea which helped to keep us cool.
The service was excellent, with Iris and Bruno making us very welcome. I loved the huge beaming smile of Cindy, who was always chatty, and made some excellent cocktails.
One slight hangup was that we were there over the Easter weekend, which meant that on Easter Sunday and Monday there was a big local party on the beach involving non-stop rap and local music, loud enough that it was most difficult to escape the thundering beat. But none of this was the fault of the Lodge.
If you like a peaceful getaway with good food and good ssafe swimming, then it is the place for you. hire a jeep, as the access road is 'interesting' and when you get bored with doing nothing, there are places areound to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our exclusive hideaway is peaceful and quiet, situated on a stunning rocky outcrop between two secluded bays. Our intimate Lodge offers 10 bedrooms including a Vila, Studios, Apartments. Grenada's average daily temperature of 31° C (87°F) combined with a sea breeze is very suitable for spending a relaxed Caribbean holiday. No special vaccinations necessary. Our sandy beach is kept clean and bathing is safe for children with good swimming and offshore reef protecting it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Cabier Ocean Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabier Ocean Hotel Crochu
- Cabier Ocean Lodge Grenada/Crochu