The five stars do need some qualification. If your expectations include TV, entertainment, polished modern surfaces, slick presentation, easy access to sophisticated nightlife, you would not award 5 stars to your stay here. However, if you are delighted by natural beauty, seclusion, excellent food, warm helpful and generous hosts and staff, and some exposure to the real Grenada, then you could not ask for a better place to stay. We stayed in Bayside studio and appreciated the small pool which we shared with 2 neighbours. On our first day, Bruno took us and another couple up into the rainforest to swim in the waterfalls, showing us all the local spices and flora with the enthusiasm of both a professional cook and a genuine lover of the island. We then visited one of his friends, a Grenadian with a smallholding up in the hills. It was one of the most memorable days of any holiday we have had. We spent 4 days here and just relaxed, swam (the beach is excellent), snorkelled, and explored a bit on foot and by car. (The East coast is very undeveloped but very beautiful, and the Atlantic breakers do not reach much of the shoreline because of the reefs in the big bays). Warmly recommended to those like ourselves who are very happy with accommodation that is clean and spacious but maybe a little frayed around the edges.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our exclusive hideaway is peaceful and quiet, situated on a stunning rocky outcrop between two secluded bays. Our intimate Lodge offers 10 bedrooms including a Vila, Studios, Apartments. Grenada's average daily temperature of 31° C (87°F) combined with a sea breeze is very suitable for spending a relaxed Caribbean holiday. No special vaccinations necessary. Our sandy beach is kept clean and bathing is safe for children with good swimming and offshore reef protecting it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Despegar.com so you can book your Cabier Ocean Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabier Ocean Hotel Crochu
- Cabier Ocean Lodge Grenada/Crochu