If you are looking for a more off the beaten track experience of Grenada, rather than sitting on one of the beaches around St George’s (not that there is anything wrong with that, and we were lucky enough to be able to do this as well, and to be honest Grenada is very well set up to try small stays at different locations), Cabier Ocean Lodge is a very good option. Far enough up the West Coast (50 mins from the airport, but only 19 miles), to feel out of town, but not too hard a drive up the winding coast road from the capital (COL does an excellent route guide from the airport, which got us there without a mistake).
We booked one of the rooms with aircon, and were very glad we did, as the humidity was very high when we were there. It was low season, and we were the only people in residence, but the staff were still very attentive, and were able to get the beach chairs out and answer questions when required.
If you drive yourself, you need a jeep, especially if it is wet. The road is not especially tricky, but would not have wanted to try it in an ordinary car.
We did a bit of self-catering, but the breakfast and dinners were very good, especially considering the usual chef was on holiday. There are a couple of other local beaches nearby, but not a lot else to see and do, unless driving much further North up the coast. However, COL is the perfect place to arrive, stay, unwind, relax on the beach, stroke the Donkeys (about 12 live in a reserve on the beach), swim off the gently sloping beach, snorkel on some of the off-shore reefs and cliffs. And generally “Lime”, I think is the expression.
- Also Known As:
- Cabier Ocean Hotel
- Cabier Ocean Hotel Crochu
- Cabier Ocean Lodge Grenada/Crochu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our exclusive hideaway is peaceful and quiet, situated on a stunning rocky outcrop between two secluded bays. Our intimate Lodge offers 10 bedrooms including a Vila, Studios, Apartments. Grenada's average daily temperature of 31° C (87°F) combined with a sea breeze is very suitable for spending a relaxed Caribbean holiday. No special vaccinations necessary. Our sandy beach is kept clean and bathing is safe for children with good swimming and offshore reef protecting it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere and Expedia so you can book your Cabier Ocean Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.