“Hidden secret...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Spa & Hotel Le Finlandais

You added Spa & Hotel Le Finlandais to your Saves list
Spa & Hotel Le Finlandais
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 Boul. Labelle, Rosemere, Quebec J7A 2G9, Canada (Formerly Hotel Le Rivage)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rosemere
Cobden, Canada
“Hidden secret...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have been doing layover in MTL area for the last 20 years and due to having a pet, this limits our choices. This was by chance that I found this hotel and wished that I would have known this before... Excellent location, awesome hotel rooms with extremely comfortable bed, a view on the river with an exterior heated pool. Walking distance to many good restaurants and yes, pets are admitted. The continental breakfast is better than all competition in a setting that is worth the visit. The staff is excellent and the price point was in line. Most recommended and I will return.

Room Tip: Regular rooms are just fine... unless you require all the bells and whistles...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Beware when booking online they will give you all the rooms they can't sell.

Unfortunately, I booked a 3 night stay through http://hotel.com. The pictures were incredible and free breakfast. WOW...I was like this was a great value, BUT was I WRONG. When we got here for our first night I thought they gave us the wrong room. So, I called the front desk and asked where is the fireplace and couch? They said this is what you get when you book online. I am from NYC and I can accommodate small but this was a corner room facing the street where you can hear the surround sound effects from the passing vehicles. Next the room is directly under the spot light that shines right into my window.

Oh the breakfast it is better not having it because it sucked. For the money it is a hyped up motel.

Updated: From one star to 3 stars, I spoke to the manager and she was able to move me to a better room (what I saw in the pictures) in the back of the hotel. She also gave me a bottle of wine. However, I will still use caution when booking online.

Room Tip: Just stay with a hotel you know.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

This i an interesting place. The rooms are small, the hotel is fairly isolated, the service is mediocre. But the spa is great!

Close enough to Montreal for a couple days detours I wouldn't have ended up this far away otherwise, but I am glad I came. Of course I am glad I came for the spa. And that was enough. I left relaxed.

• Stayed April 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

The front desk people are unprofessional and sarcastic!
Called for room availability and was told lots of rooms in all categories are available. I checked the room rates on their website. Upon arrival they jacked up the prices by 60$ on any selection, pretending that its was because of Valentines day. But it wasn't even Valentine weekend yet, it was one week before. Nothing was mentionned on their website. We wanted something quick so we could enjoy the spa for 30 minutes before the closing time. but despite knowing our intention the front desk was delaying our checkin with bogus excuses and marketing stunts.
Once we got to our room, to our surprise, a couple was lying in our bed and they screamed so terribly that I really felt bad for them. Turned out that the front desk had our keys programmed for the wrong room. So not only they ruined our stay but they also ruined other people's stay. They did not even have the decency to upgrade us to a better room, or at the very least give us the same rate as on their website!!! As far as I know,its illegal to advertise a price and jackup prices for any pretexes upon arrival...
They know when a couple is coming for a romantic night that they will avoid confrontations, so they used that against me. If it wasn't for my loved one, I would have showed the front desk a real bad time!!!
The room turned out nothing like the romantic getaway I was looking for and nothing nearly close to what they had on their websit's pictures. At 180$/night we got a poorly looking bedroom with no fireplace or jacuzzi, despite the contrary on the phone. Very deceiving!!!
The worst was that they knew about our romantic intention and gave us a double queen bed room! What kind of insane management does that to ruin people's stay!
Bad management, deceitful practices, to avoid at all cost if you don't want traps and ruin that romantic night!!!!!
Never again!

• Stayed February 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I used to live in Rosemere, so it was strange staying in a hotel. I'm pretty sure somewhere nearby there used to be a by-the-hour motel, so I was a little Leary to book into La Rivage. Great place, nice rooms, good continental breakfast. The only issue was that parking was a hassle since I had to compete with the spa users to find a spot. If there is hotel reserved parking no one mentioned it to me. But v. Good for the price.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed here Oct 12th-13th for a short overnight stay. Arrived around 930pm with a short wait to check-in (there was only one person working the front desk). Check-in was smooth and staff were pleasant. Arrived in room which was clean, however the bathroom smelled as if someone had smoked in there. The bed was also very wobbly, seemed as though the frame had previously been broken and it was nailed together with more wood but very poorly. Felt like it may collapse at any time. Although wobbly, the mattress was comfortable. In the morning, I took a shower to find that the shower had poor water pressure. The one perk about this stay was that it included a continental breakfast. The spread was great! I thought the spread was awesome. There were cereals, fresh fruit, different kinds of bread for toast, bagels, yogurt.. Different juices, tea, coffee, etc. LOTS of options! Even my boyfriend who eats really clean was able to find something to eat!

Overall, I definitely think this hotel is a 2.5 or 3 AT BEST. I think that the value for this hotel could be better.
Might consider staying somewhere else if we're ever around there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Auchterarder, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The Hotel was in an excellent location for us, as we were visiting family in Rosemere.

I agree with another reviewer about the "sour puss" faces at the front desk. Not welcoming at all. I had to book an extra night as I had made a mistake with my dates...and was informed that I would have to do it online as we were receiving a special rate.....stated in a patronising tone and not discreetly.....I did book another night on-line and when we arrived back for the extra night.....we found the room key did not work.......waited a while.....there was no-one on the front desk........it was sorted out by the same young man with not a smile or apology.....

On our last night.....the fire alarm went off at around 3pm......no-one came to let us know if it
was a false alarm......we were in a ground floor room and would have hopefully escaped through the window ....but there were no fire safety instructions to be seen in the room.....
very poor. I had to ask another guest who was standing in the corridor what had happened and he thought it may have been a cigarette.....no staff were apparent during the whole time the alarm was ringing.....and it rang on and on for more than twenty minutes....ruining our night's sleep........

The breakfast buffet was the same every day......and we stayed for 14 days......boring, and one
of the more mature ladies on the breakfast staff was so obviously unhappy in her job......that she made breakfast times (when she appeared to fill up the milk etc......) an unpleasant
experience.......

Overall, I know that people come to use the Spa......but that was not the purpose of our visit and we were two of the guests staying for the longest period......we watched people come and go...and felt like another reviewer states "like second class citizens"

I would not stay at this hotel again.....because of the previous reasons given and would recommend people to go elsewhere.

....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Spa & Hotel Le Finlandais? Share your experiences!