“Excellent, every time!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Walkerton, Canada
“Excellent, every time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Just ate at Walkerton Sushi again today, the server was fast and friendly. The food was great, I split a red Dragon roll and a dynamite roll, very fresh, very tasty.

Other people in the party got Walkerton Roll said it was great, also chicken teriyaki went over well, tried gyoza soup for the first time, perfect.

I can't say enough good things about this place, hands down favorite place to eat on town!

/troy

• Visited May 2013

Walkerton, Canada
“Tremendous sushi, low price, wonderful owners!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I eat Mr. Lee's sushi 3-5 times a week. Located snugly in the Valumart plaza you will find friendly staff, endearing owners and meticulously crafted sushi. The prices here are the lowest in Ontario! The menu is studded with traditional Japanese and Korean dishes for all palates. Always the freshest ingredients, rich soups and tasty tereyaki dishes NEVER cooked too long or too short. I just can't find one little thing to criticise. In more than 100 visits I have never had any complaints, this place is the real deal... Most of the other restaurants in Walkerton are run of the mill and very hit or miss junk food places. Being a local resident I am so grateful to finally get my moneys worth. That bieng said I am hungry and will call over for my 2nd take out today. Walkerton Sushi has laid down the gambit and is coming on with it!

• Visited April 2013
Barrie, Canada
“Don't let the outside deceive you! Its GREAT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

After hearing rave reviews from friends, and because we happened to be in the area, we decided to look for this little gem to take home some sushi for dinner.
We ended up driving by it a couple times, as we could not see the signage from the road (it is on Yonge Street in the ValuMart plaza). We pulled up to the restaurant, and very hesitantly got out of the car. We were almost about to turn around, but ended up pulling on the door just to see...and we were in awe at the beautiful and tranquil environment that was on front of us. We were so surprised because it was completely different that what we were expecting from the outside.
We were the only ones in there, as it was mid afternoon, but the owners took SUCH great care of us. While we waited for our sushi to take home, we were given a pot of green tea which was really nice.
The tray that we ended up bringing home was enormous, as the sushi itself is quite large compared to what I am used to having at other places. It was all quite yummy - my fav's were the spicy crispy scallop roll, and the dynamite roll. It was nice trying some new options I haven't seen before too.
We will definately be back and next time we will dine in, and take advantage of the atmosphere and service we were priveleged to experience for just a short period of time.

• Visited April 2013
Chesley, Ontario, Canada
“Awesome Food, Service, Owners and Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This hidden gem is just too good to pass up if you are going anywhere near Walkerton. The food is simply wonderful - fresh and beautifully prepared - great service and great prices.

This place has become one of my favourite restaurant, anywhere, period. I have had sushi, maki and other Japanese and Korean delights in a fair number of restaurants, in a fair number of towns and cities over the years, and I would rate this restaurant equal to or better than any of them (even better than the sushi places I have been to in Toronto). I am by no means an expert, but for taste, quality, presentation and service, this is just First class.

I cannot recommend you trying this spot too highly. As long as you like good, fresh and interesting food, you will come away happy.

• Visited March 2013
“WOW!! Amazing Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We ordered this food as takeout, as we were staying at the Best Western Plus Hotel. We found the menu in the lobby of the hotel. We love Japanese and Korean food and thought we would give it a try. The food was spectacular, everything was great. The children ate it up too. Would highly recommend this restaurant for take out. I didn't see the restaurant itself (husband picked up the meal). If you are in the area, visit Walkerton Sushi.

Visited March 2013