“Brand new hotel, only place to stay in town” 5 of 5 stars

Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Walkerton
GreenLeadersGold level
Walkerton, Canada
“Brand new hotel, only place to stay in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Despite the fact that this hotel likely has a monopoly in town, it is brand new and the staff are great. I was potentially stuck in the city due to the winter conditions and road closures but they were right on top of providing all the guests with regular updates on the road closures. Breakfast for free was fantastic! Price is a little high for a small town hotel, but it is a great hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

I usually stay in a different hotel chain but this stay makes me want to switch. The hotel is clean and still has that nice new feeling. The beds are comfy. The breakfast rocks, best breakfast that is included in the price. Made to order omelettes or eggs, beats pre cooked scrambled or boiled eggs any day. The staff was great too, easy going and friendly. I wish all my hotel stays was like this one.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Had to stay here for the night as all the roads were closed to get home to Kincardine. Thank goodness this BW was here. I really wish I had grabbed names of the staff but I didn't, as usually we don't really care what the staff are like unless they are just plain rude or ignorant. But ALL staff we came in contact with here were fantastic. Hotel is 2 years old but seems like it is brand new, well cared for, no offensive deodorizing odours like some hotels have, super clean and well laid out. Room was great, bed was a little soft for us but wasn't an issue and sure was much nicer than the alternative of sleeping in our truck ! Morning breakfast was great as well with the new push button pancake maker (we have had a few of these but these ones actually tasted like pancakes here - most taste like plastic), made to order eggs and omelettes, real bacon and sausages, home fries, cereals etc ... Nice indoor pool here as well, but we didn't have our suits to use it. Is a little out of the downtown area but if you made it here, you have a car more than likely so you just have to drive back down the hill into town. All in all we would stay here again for sure. Marked it a little lower on value for $$$ as it was a little pricey for the area and perhaps we are spoiled with some of the rates we have had for comparable stays in the US when we travel there and the price is half of what we paid here (in the same size property and town). If you have to stay in the area STAY HERE !!

Room Tip: wasn't an issue for us but could be - ask for top room floor as it appears as though the floors...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Delhi, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Our grandson's hockey team stayed the weekend on January 4, 2014. The hotel itself is beautiful, brand new. Breakfast was fantastic. The staff were second to none. Overall great place to stay. Would recommend this to any one

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Brantford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Car trouble saw me stranded in Hanover on Christmas Eve. No possibility of returning home to city, chilled to the bone, and everything in town now closed for the holiday. Arrived at Best Western Walkerton and inquired about a room. In conversation with the desk clerk (I believe named Kourtney), I asked if there would happen to be any food in the hotel. She indicated a cabinet with snacks; chips and the like. I commented that it would have to do - it was to be my Christmas Eve meal. She looked concerned and asked if I was really hungry. I explained that I hadn't eaten since breakfast. She commented that she couldn't see me eating chips for Christmas, and that she would do what she could to help, if I were to give her a moment. I went to my room to freshen up a bit, and returned to find that she had laid out a buffet of sorts - all food that was destined for the next day's breakfast. There were muffins, toast, a bagel, an assortment of fruit, yogurts, juices - and plates and cutlery for all. It was an attractive presentation. She told me that I could have whatever I wished, and that I could eat it there, or take it back to my room. 'Hard to imagine better service than this, isn't it? The rest of the stay was terrific; room spotless, and everything else well done. This is my second stay at Best Western Walkerton; both were outstanding in terms of service and value. This is a very well-run hotel, indeed. -Brian M; Brantford, Ontario.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Walkerton Best Western is a new hotel on the outer edge of the town. As you enter the lobby and common areas are very clean and attractively decorated with rich colours and warm furnishings. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They even have their own cook that makes breakfast. Nice fitness area, pool and spacious breakfast area. The breakfast area even had an outdoor patio to enjoy your morning during nice summer days. They have a well equipped business centre, and a conference room. The guest rooms were very spacious, clean and well equipped. I was surprised that since there were few guests staying here that they put us in a room far away from the hotel amenities. The room we stayed in did not have the heat turned on when we arrived. If I wanted to shower or freshen up, it would have been uncomfortable. When I turned it on, it quickly heated up. The pillows were too puffy for my liking.
As nice as this place is however, there are some downfalls. Walkerton is a very small town in rural Ontario. There is very limited space for such a place in this town, so they built the hotel smack in the middle of a farmer's field, which made the place feel very isolated. Because of this, there is no restaurants or shopping near by. Everything is a short drive away, but you can't just walk out the front door of the hotel and go for a nice leisurely walk. I thought the price of the place was also a little high especially for it being a slow time of the year, but the hotel offers lots of amenities. I thought they should have had the parking lot cleared out much better than they did. It had snowed during the evening we stayed there. We left around 9am and the parking lot was icy and not cleared out and l had to trek through ice and deep snow to get to my car.
The downfalls are minor considering what this place has to offer. I would highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: If it isn't busy ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Milton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

The Best Western in Walkerton was a great experience. The rooms were spacious and well-appointed. The amenities that we used were easily accessible - internet and breakfast. The staff were friendly and helpful without being obsequious. All in all, we enjoyed our stay and would return if we need accommodations, in the area, in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Walkerton East Ridge Hotel? Share your experiences!