“Birds, birds, birds” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Outdoors
9 attraction reviews
“Birds, birds, birds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stayed 3 nights with our 4 year old grandson. Lovely shallow swimming area with sand bottom. Well-maintained washrooms & floating dock. Near a wetland alive with birds! Small but pleasant RV park.

4 attraction reviews
“Nice, quiet private campground.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this campground in our trailer for 5 nights. We were with friends and came to the area to do some wine touring. We realized that we had stayed at this campground about 20 years ago when it was "Sunny Beach". This is a family run, private campground and if you have stayed at any in the Okanagan you will know that they are generally pretty close quarters. I actually think this one is less crowded than some we have stayed at but it was quiet when we were there and less than half of the sites were occupied. I like a campground that is well supervised and where they have a few basic rules for everyone and I respect this. Comments about them not being dog friendly do not jive with our experience at all! We had 2 dogs with us that we kept quiet and under control at all times and the owners were attentive and friendly to us and our pets. I would be upset if I kept my dog quiet and there were other dogs barking away. They do not allow campfires in the sites (wood or propane) which again, I did not find annoying because we did not end up with smoke in the trailer from a neighbours fire and it keeps the campfire chatter over on the grassy beach area (3 or 4 fire pits). I don't think I would swim here as the bottom looks soft but it is a great little lake for canoes and kayaks if you have one. There were tons of birds around due to the lake and wetlands and we loved sitting and reading and listening to the birds. This was a nice, clean and quiet place to stay when doing some wine touring in this lovely area.

Visited May 2014
Godalming
10 attraction reviews
“Lovely place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Loved the location. Peaceful with a lovely lake. Clear enough to see the little turtles. Did some fishing and had fun in the pedalo. Fire for BBQ available. The weather was glorious. The sign for Apple Beach on the main road was partly obscured by trees but we mentioned this to the owners and they will take care of it.

Visited September 2013
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
“Great family campsite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The couple that runs this place are the epitome of happy campers themselves. Our party of 5 adults always felt welcome, well informed and comfortable. It's a well maintained small campground with washrooms magically cleaned several times/day. The entire place is spic and span. A great place to chill out, bird watch, do your own thing and have fun watching the local turtles. Sure, the lake bottom is soft and silty, but the water itself was warm and clean. No problems with wifi. The location is perfect for day trips and yet in this little campground, you feel like you're off the beaten path. Loved the weeping willows. Met lots of folks who have made this their 'go to' campground each summer. We'll be returning.

Visited August 2013
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent Family Run Campground.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We found this campground by accident as the original campground we were going to was fully booked. I believe this campground has 21 fully serviced sites, and they include sewer, water, 30 amp power, cable, Internet, laundry and showers. It is right on the lake with large fish and turtles too! V Rey quite and relaxing place. It also has tenting sites so no worries if you have a tent. Very friendly family which owns and operates the campground. It is very clean and well groomed and all sites are steps away from a non motorized lake. Great for all non motorized water craft. $42 a night with all the amenities is a great deal. Walking or biking distance to downtown Oliver. We rode our bikes through town and visited local wineries to. We will be going back for sure! It's nice to find these hidden gems....not many left. Kids and teens will like it to I am sure, feed the fish and turtles off the dock and go fishing as well. Oh yeah! They are open all year as well and welcome snowbirds! They have a loyal group of patrons that go there in the winter months too.....what else can I say, a wonderful place to go. :)

Visited August 2013