“Wonderful wine!” 5 of 5 stars

Port Moody, British Columbia, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Wonderful wine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stella, one of the owners was in the shop to offer me samples and talk about wine and the vines. She's a super nice lady and I enjoyed every minute I was there. The wines smell terrific and taste even better. This was the first time where I sniffed a wine and could actually determine different scents. I would totally recommend stopping here. Also they have a picnic area so you can buy a bottle from them, bring your lunch and stop off. Children are welcome as long as you keep them under control (the shop is full of racks of wine).

Visited August 2013
CastorodeOro, Owner at Castoro de Oro, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Hello Krista,
Thanks for taking the time to post a review of our winery, we greatly appreciate hearing comments from our customers, always. We're even more happy to hear you enjoyed both the experience and our wines!
Hope to see you again,
p.s. we love kids and dogs - oh and adults too ;-).
Best regards,
Stella and Bruno

Warminster, Bucks County, PA 18974
5 attraction reviews
“Castoro de Oro in Pennsylvania”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I liked the previous name! Anyway I don't think that I had this much fine tasting wine in a while. Drove some home from Ontario, over the border to Pennsylvania. Everyone really likes the Merlot.

We'll have to get the PLCB to sell it in the state stores one of these days.

Rich and Eva Luce
Warminster, PA

Visited August 2013
Wow, thanks Rich & Eva, it's great of you to take the time to post a review of our winery. We love to hear comments from wine lovers ;-) especially when they love our wine! It's nice to hear some of our wine has made such a big trek.... from Oliver to Ontario (good thing you were coming to Ontario so we could ship you some) and then you could drive it yourself from Ontario to Pennsylvania to get it home!
All the best, CHEERS! Stella and Bruno.
Burnaby, Canada
42 attraction reviews
“Friendly host, fun and informative visit.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

A small, informal, "cozy" wine shop, and friendly, informative visit - with 'Stella' our host (what a delight!!). Easy, very short driveway access off the highway.

What I tasted: Merlot (2010), Pinot Duetto, a blend (2009), Gewurztraminer (2009), Heartbreaker (2009), Pinot Blanc (2009), and Vidal, a dessert wine (2010). I enjoyed the wines, especially the Pinot Duetto, and they were definitely priced 'right', with a couple 'on-sale' at the time.

But must admit, none really jumped out at me to purchase at the time of the visit. Maybe it was the 'timing' - it was rather early in our trip to the area, and we did have many more wineries to see, and wines to taste. I did not want to make any wine purchase decisions too quickly (I had a budget, and wanted to do the best I could to stay within it). Daughter tasted the Vidal, and purchased two bottles.

We much-enjoyed seeing and visiting this winery, and I truly did enjoy the wines tasted. And Stella was such a wonderful host!! We will be back, and the next time I will definitely try to put more room in my purchasing budget for some of the wines offered at Castoro de Oro.

Thanks Stella - for the tastes, and the fun and informative talks held during our visit to your great little place -- we enjoyed stopping by, and hope we're able to do so again before too long!!

Visited June 2013
CastorodeOro, Owner at Castoro de Oro, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Hello "johnny2bc"

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our winery, we really appreciate it, and sincerely enjoy hearing our visitors thoughts! We are, of course, very happy to hear you enjoyed both "the experience" and the wines. And a big thanks to your daughter for making the purchase of two bottles of our Vidal dessert wine.

As for budgeting, we know about that too ;-) and we understand it just has to be done sometimes, lol. We hope you'll remember for your next trip that all of our table wines are under $25/btl incl tax and most are quite a bit less than that.... especially if you take advantage of our in-store specials!

I (Stella) find it a true pleasure spending time in the wine shop chatting & laughing with our visitors, (and I better admit - teasing them a fair bit too) and I'm so glad you found it to be delightful as well. We look forward to your next visit, when we will surely pour you some of our other wines (since you've been here we released a new Noir and a new Viognier) and a couple have sold out (Vidal dessert and Heart of Gold). That's the fun of being a winery that produces quite a number of small batch handcrafted wines, always something new to try!

P.S. we do have a few retailers in the Burnaby/Port Moody/New West areas... our retailers are listed on our website. Unfortunately, none of them in Burnaby/Port Moody/New West are carrying the Pinot Duetto 09 (rose intended for red wine drinkers) you liked so much - though other retailers a bit further from you are.

All The Best, Cheers!
Stella & Bruno
Owners & Winemakers
Castoro de Oro Estate Winery
Canada
44 attraction reviews
“Not your run of the mill winery.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The owners of Castoro de Oro are super friendly and super laid back, making for a fun non-pretentious visit and wine tasting. They have some awesome wines, a nice little area out back for live music and open mike, a nice shady area to tie your pet and high visibility from the Highway. You won't be disappointed by stopping here.

Visited May 2013
CastorodeOro, Owner at Castoro de Oro, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
A BIG Thank You, for taking the time to review our winery! We love hearing from our customers and we truly appreciate the time we spend with all of our wonderful visitors. We look forward to seeing you again.
And if you are the lovely couple who attended our recent Open Mic event, (who we think you are) we hope you'll check out the pictures of that afternoon on our winery facebook page too ;-)
Cheers!
Stella & Bruno
Cranbrook, British Columbia, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Quant little winery...BOLD taste!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

What a great little pit stop to make if your driving by. Caught one of the owners who went out of her way to bring out some amazing wines from there collection. I was pleasantly surprised at the full bold taste of some of their reds for a BC winery! I was thrilled with the scenery and will stop by again next time. Got some nice bottles for my wine rack and owner was eager to share the history of the winery. Great little place!

Visited October 2012
CastorodeOro, Owner at Castoro de Oro, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thanks very much for posting this wonderful review, we appreciate it!
We sincerly enjoy hearing from our customers.
Look forward to your next visit.
Best regards
Stella
The owner who served you, I'm guessing, since I'm the only female here ;-)

P.S. if you're around the area for one of our "Open Mic" events (details on our website) they are always a fun time, perhaps then we might deserve / generate a coveted excellent rating from you.