“It is 'One of a Kind'” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 1 Of A Kind Sculpture B&B

You added 1 Of A Kind Sculpture B&B to your Saves list
1 Of A Kind Sculpture B&B
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   935 Morningstar Road, Oliver, British Columbia V0H1T0, Canada   |
Ranked #10 of 16 Oliver B&B and Inns
Nanaimo, BC
“It is 'One of a Kind'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

We are experienced travellers and often use a B&B when on a trip. We recently spent 6 nights in Oliver and had chosen the One of a Kind B&B for that stay.
There is a unique combination of space, comfort [good fans and A/C during a hot week], cleanliness and extras available at this location. The owner, Leta Shores, provided super recommendations for dining out, for wineries to visit and for side roads to use to avoid the summer road construction. She also showed flexibility in both serving time and options for our breakfasts when we expressed a need for different start times on different days. Her variety of breakfast dishes was wonderful, and the fresh local fruit was appreciated.
As a bonus, Leta is a sculptress and she provided entertaining stories of her experiences in that field, especially the tale of the John Oliver sculpture which stands on a downtown corner in the town.
As a result of the above, we found One of a Kind B&B the ideal place to use for our stay in this lovely valley.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
BBLeta, Owner at 1 Of A Kind Sculpture B&B, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Greetings Les & Pat,

I am glad that you were happy staying at my Bed & Breakfast. It was a great pleasure to have you stay and share your good cheer and friendliness. Over all I have had many cheerful, friendly, and happy guests enriching my life, and I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to meet so many interesting people and to help ensure their stay here is a good one. I wish to thank you for adding your comment to the many others in my guest book, but I especially wish to thank you for taking the time to send this one in to trip advisor.
I hope to see you again.

Cheers, and the best to both of you!
Leta

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

This B&B is located in a modern home a residential area in Oliver and convenient for visting the wine region. Though setup as a separate basement suite in the home, the owner uses the space as part of her day-to-day life resulting in little privacy. There is a television and stereo, though no cable or reception. The bedding is low quality polyester sheets and the mattress is covered with some kind of a plastic sheet, making it difficult to get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
The truth is that I do not use the suite in my day to day activities and very much respect the privacy of my guests. Occasionally I am around the outside of the house and in the attached garage taking care of things that need to be done while the guests are not home. I have no idea when they will arrive, and will promptly finish up with what I am doing if it is something that may bother them.

This is a budget accommodation advertised as clean, quiet, comfortable, and friendly. The sheets are a common cotton-poly blend. The mattress and topper have a soil and bed-bug resistant plastic covering with two quilted standard mattress pads on top for the guests comfort and cleanliness.

I do everything possible to ensure my guests are happy including informing them that they can let me know if there is anything they need to make their stay more enjoyable. I also always ask them if they slept well. In this case I was never told otherwise and if these guests were truely unhappy with their bed I would have added more padding and changed the sheets.

I do not advertise cable or satelite tv and with the current switch to digital airwaves the reception is poor in this area. I do provide a large choice of videos to watch and wireless internet access as advertised.

I am sorry if these guests expected not to see an owner around this simple bed and breakfast house, or wished to watch satelite tv, or expected a perfectly secluded romantic experience. It is probably best if the next time they try a more upscale hotel for what they are expecting.

I receive great comments from my other guests on how good a sleep they have and the good breakfasts here at this simple budget priced 1 Of A Kind Bed & Breakfast Sculpture Studio.

Been to 1 Of A Kind Sculpture B&B? Share your experiences!