“I can't wait!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 7 Attractions in Lund
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us on a journey into the heart of Desolation Sound Marine Park and through the traditional territory of the Tla'amin peoples. Offering Cultural Canoe and Kayak tours, Zodiac tours, and Traditional Cedar Weaving Workshops. Gain understanding and insight into local First Nations culture and history; hear the songs, learn the teachings, view the pictographs. Custom tours available!
Powell River, Canada
“I can't wait!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have not yet had the opportunity to go on one of the tours, but I can't wait to this coming season! but wanted to leave a short word here. I'Hos Cultural Tours is more than just a zodiac tour! There is also a wonderful gift shop, with a wide variety of local BC works. I needed special gifts for a project in December, and Eriik was so helpful! Reasonably priced, excellent quality, and the customer service goes above and beyond, with a willingness to go the distance for their customers. So very happy with the service and the products.

Visited December 2013

Lund, Canada
“Epic Zodiac Tour - Summer of 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Had an awesome opportunity to share Desolation Sound, Refuge Cove et al with my brother and his family this past summer, with Eriik and l'Hos Cultural Tours! A stellar summer day, an exhilarating ride in the zodiac and scenery and story's to cap the experience as a 'life-altering' adventure they have not stopped talking about. We have not quite convinced my brother to move here yet… but hoping to follow up with another tour this coming summer that should push him over! Many thanks Eriik! We'll be back. :)

Visited July 2013
Moncton/Canada
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

first time in BC went on this tour what a ride in the Zodiac great view. Eric made the tour great and we felt very safe. Would go again . what great view's Thanks Eric for a great time.

Visited September 2013
Waubaushene, Ontario
“So glad we took this tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This tour is one that should not be missed. Even if you aren't in the Powell River area it is worth the drive and ferry rides. Eric made us feel very comfortable and safe in the zodiac and the self inflating life vests hardly felt like they were on. We so appreciated Eric's commentary on the history of the area, his vast knowledge of the wild life and especially his description of native culture and past practices. We were fascinated by the awesome scenery and sightings of seals, birds, and jelly fish. We enjoyed every minute and highly recommend this tour.

Visited September 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“A cultural awakening in Desolation Sound”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Five hours by car and two BC Ferry rides up the Sunshine Coast you arrive at a small place known as Lund. This is were we first met our guide, Eriik Manathey, to embark on our I'Hos Cultural zodiac tour. Eriik is a man of first nations heritage, with a big smile, and an easy candour to his voice. With forms filled, and a thorough safety demonstration, we were all set for our tour up Desolation Sound, a breathtakingly beautiful place I had scarcely heard of, let alone ever seen prior to this visit.

To suggest this tour was amazing, doesn't begin to impart upon the reader the knowledge and cultural insights that Eriik shared with us at various archaeologically significant locations we stopped at along our journey.

We pulled in at Prideaux Haven, under the watch of many other grand water crafts, mostly from southern ports. This area is known to seafarers for it's fantastic moorage and amazing crystalline waters, which we took full advantage of with a refreshing swim. The water was amazing.

After that is was a short ride to Refuge Cove for some delicious coffee and cinnamon buns at Upcoast Summers espresso bar. This tiny remote seaside community is a spot not to be missed, with its general store, art gallery and other buildings all joined together by boardwalks.

To wrap up our amazing three and a half hour zodiac tour, Eriik gave us each a token of thanks for our visit; a cedar talisman made by one of the local elders to show appreciation for our journey through their sacred lands.

Thank you Eriik, for a truly wonderful adventure, a tour we will not soon forget.

Visited August 2013