What a lovely place. After reading all of the excellent reviews we expected it to be nice but it exceeded our expectations. Graham and Bre were very welcoming and we felt at home straight away. We stayed in one of the safari lodges which was very clean and huge. It was lovely being able to relax in a roll top bath in a huge candle lit bathroom - it didn't feel like a tent at all! The lodges are down a little path from the main house, it was a lovely peaceful setting and absolutely perfect for a romantic weekend away. The food and wine at dinner were delicious and breakfast was superb.
I will be recommending to all of the couples i know! Thank you for an idyllic weekend away. We will be returning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in an area of designated natural beauty in the foothills of the Clwydian hills Pentre Mawr Country House has a lovely romantic feel to it...set as it is in nearly 200 acres of meadows, park and woodland. There are all the little extras that you would expect in a fine country house at Pentre but it is run on a much softer line. Meals are served either in the Oak room or the formal dining room but with none of the stuffiness. We are delighted to announce that we have received 5 Stars and a dining award from the AA There are two lovely sitting rooms all with comfy sofas and portraits of Graham's ancestors. The hidden walled garden is a lovely place to sit and read or just relax and smell the roses.We are more than happy to welcome guest dogs as we have two collies and two cats of our own here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Pentre Mawr Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pentre Mawr Country House Hotel Llandyrnog
- Pentre Mawr Country House Llandyrnog, North Wales