“A pleasant surprise, very nice.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dunsilly Hotel

You added Dunsilly Hotel to your Saves list
Dunsilly Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 Dunsilly Road, Antrim BT41 2JH, Northern Ireland (Formerly Comfort Hotel)   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Antrim
Certificate of Excellence 2014
co. antrim
“A pleasant surprise, very nice.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Dunsilly with my husband as we were attending a dinner dance there. First impressions were very good:
Really nice decor.
Helpful, friendly reception staff.
Clean spacious bedroom & ensuite.

The function room and bar were nicely decorated and our meal was delicious, better than the average function meal. The vegetables served were particularly nice! It was all good.
We sat up till 3am on the comfortable sofas outside the function room and the night staff were wonderful: helpful, friendly and good humoured.

Our bed was so comfortable I wish I could have taken it home with us.

Our breakfast was very good too and I was served fresh coffee straight away which always pleases me. The jams and fruit juices were good quality.

In short it's all good & if I was ever needing to use an airport hotel I'd go the extra few miles from Aldergrove to stay at Dunsilly Arms.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
donegal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I and my wife spent two nights at this wonderful hotel. We were warmly greeted by friendly staff and the food was excellent. We were just 20 minutes from Belfast and 5 minutes from Junction 1 in Antrim town. The shopping was a user friendly atmosphere.The peace and quiet afforded to us with this family friendly hotel makes me want to go back again. How many times do we pass little gems like this hotel. Well done to Management and staff of this Hotel. The only thing missing was a fitness and leisure room, otherwise it was brill.

Room Tip: Even though your near the M1 we were very well soundprooofed against all of the traffic.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Clonmany, Co. Donegal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Staff on reception very very friendly. Rooms very clean and warm. Shower fantastic. Badly need to change dinner menu very plain and average food, need to offer more choice. Very private if you want a quiet time away. Close to Antrim and junction one. I would stay there again. Breakfast very nice.

Room Tip: Private grounds with easy access to the town of Antrim.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Food in Restaurant was below average for a hotel. Nothing was fresh or home-made (including the chips)
This reminded me off a Chain of Restaurants.
I ordered a Chicken Kebab with chips - when the meal arrived - I knew by looking at the chips that they weren't fresh chips but frozen.

The meal itself looked nice but when I went to eat it - the chicken was like rubber & tasted funny. I did let the waitress know - who in return said that another customer had complained about the same thing & she would let the chef know. I was not happy about this, as if one customer has already brought it to the attention of the staff another customer should not be served it.

We were not charged for the Meal that was sent back. My partner had a Ceaser Salad which looked and tasted lovely.

I don't know whether I would return again or not as for the money that you are paying you are not getting good quality fresh food.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wakefield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Finding a venue for family birthdays and get-togethers can sometimes cause organisational headache. Will the room be big enough ? Will the food and service be acceptable ? Is there ample car parking?
All of these points passed with flying colours during our recent visit when a group of 19 met for birthday celebrations. Whether you choose from the fixed menu or the a la carte the food is delicious and the service attentive. With a large room to ourselves we felt truly at home.
Laura, banqueting manageress, was my very efficient contact during the organisation period.
Thank you from all of us to the staff of the Dunsilly.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
staffordshie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times this year and I as a female on her own travelling on Business I feel very looked after. I always request a room on the ground floor close to reception which they have always accommodated. My evening meal was delicious, I ordered the Salmon however I requested vegetables and new potatoes as apposed to what was originally with the dish, as always this was not a problem. Breakfast was delicious and cooked to order, 2 lovely poached eggs. Check in and Check Out is always efficient and my room was very spacious and spotless. Thank you again for a pleasant stay, even though I was on Business. Oh and the WiFi worked perfectly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here 2 times and would only reccommend it to family and friends. a warm welcome. great service, great wedding venue. breakfast is fab, food is to die for and the bar is quite cosy and modern, good big carpark. will deffo be back in the near future.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Dunsilly Hotel? Share your experiences!