“the waiter....ruined my experience!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Antrim
Cuisines: English
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“the waiter....ruined my experience!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I went to dine in "the Stable" bar with my wife and her parents. We decided for this place after having red positive feedback. Honestly, the food was very tasty and fresh. We really enjoyed and my parent il law, coming from Slovakia, appreciated it. The waiter, on the other hand, was the element who negatively influenced our experience at the stable. First of all, he was not much friendly and secondly when I went to pay the bill I discovered he applyed the evening menu list price. He excused himself and I accepted it but the gentlemen was not a young waiter at the first experience. Finally, the pub was not full. In total 4 tables to serve. I am an Irish resident, I was tourist in Antrim, my english has an italian accent and is not perfect but I am not a stupid. In 10 years living in Dublin, never happened to me and in places much more busy. What pity....

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Antrim, United Kingdom
“Great Sunday Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Great Sunday Lunch Very friendly professional and informed staff.
Lunch was good value good quality and wam and plentiful! Would definately recommend
The new owners definately make the difference wiil be back

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Great service, nice decor, excellent steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Another success for Trip Advisor. We just drove into town and searched for "Near us now". The ranking and position of this place are justified. The host was welcoming and attentive to us any all diners throughout our visit, as was the other person serving. They were happy to start serving the evening menu early (before 5pm) to accommodate our schedule although I can't quite understand why they only bring one menu for two diners.
We both opted for sirloin steak, rare. They were happy to also provide me with a side salad. The 12oz steak is larger than I would normally order, but it was so good I demolished it with ease. Tender, rare and juicy and plenty of flavour. The accompanying chips were fine and the mushrooms delicious. One small criticism; the peppercorn sauce was too thin and a bit too much like gravy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Craigavon, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Excellent food for excellent value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I've been to some amount of restaurants some in hotels and I have to say that this pub has a lot nicer food than some of the places I have been to!

For a starter I got wedges with chilli sauce and cheese and the portion compared to some restaurants was a lot more, it would've even done as a main and it was delicious! My mum ordered breaded mushrooms with garlic dip and she enjoyed it to. For my main I had veg stir fry with chilli sauce and it to was delicious. My mum ordered what they call the stables bushmills chicken and mum said it was really nice chicken was moist and the whole meal was enjoyable! My nana ordered the waistline salad and it had fruit in it and salad and she really enjoyed as she had never seen anything like it as it was so different! The portion sizes were big enough I couldn't fit desert but my mum ordered the after eight sundae and it came out in a sundae glass with ice cream, fresh cream, lime jelly, and instead of after eights as they didnt have any and said before it was brought out they put crunchie in it instead. my mum ate the whole lot and i think that says it all!

The service was really good and the staff were more than happy to explain what was in the dishes like the waistline salad and very friendly aswell!

I would definitely recommend this place more so that other places I have been to!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bucknell, United Kingdom
“Could have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Very quiet when I went in which always worries me but I had eaten here before.

Menu very good and the food was quite good. Service was a bit hit and miss although on the whole friendly. Antrim doesn't have too many easy places to eat so I would go there again hoping it was busier and a bit more lively.

Maybe I chose a bad day to go there

Still worth a try and prices were good

Visited July 2013