“Best Chippy!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
“Best Chippy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I visted here last wedesnday with my family, I have to say the best fish and chips ive ever had. It was a nice relaxed atmosphere. The freshesh fish we've ever tasted and brilliant waitresses who couldnt do enough for you. Dont know what all the complaints are about, must be going to a diffrent restuarant! would recomend to everyone.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Rochester, United Kingdom
“Very nice fish with chips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I visited this newly open fish and chips restaurant 3 times and find every time it's fish very nice and soft. Staff are very active and friendly. Today it has been told me that they are going to start fresh chips as well with in couple of days, being fish and chips lover I can't wait to taste fresh chips with nicely cooked fish. I will visit again on Monday to try new chips.
I will recommend this restaurant to others.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

After being very excited by the prospect of a new fish and chip bar opening at the bridge end of the high street my partner and I decided to give it a try. It wasn't busy and we only wanted a small take away to share. What we got had obviously been cooked previously and then re-fried. We were made to wait while our order was being prepared. The chips were chewy and over cooked; the sausages cold and the fish tasteless. Don't think we'll be returning any time soon.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bournemouth
“Very disappointed.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Rochester has been missing a proper fish and chip restaurant and I was so pleased to see that this place had opened. The prices are a little high for fish and chips, but the setting is nice and I assumed the quality would be very good - just like VC Jones in Whitstable, a proper fish and chip restaurant.

What a bitter disappointment. We were the only 2 customers in the restaurant when we arrived last night and maybe this was an omen. Friendly staff, nice bright room, it all seemed fine until the food turned up. My chips were an orange colour and they were tepid. I sent my plate of food back for a fresh batch of chips and even the fresh ones didn't sizzle and still looked a weird colour. Dear Micawbers, What potatoes or fat are you using? Chips are meant to be almost crisp on the outside and soft on the inside, yours were chewy and orange-looking. They taste like oven chips... only less hot. Your battered cod was nice, as was the battered sausage but it did not look like £10 quality fish and chips. Go to Whitstable and do some research. You have a good spot in the highstreet, a nice restaurant, but your food needs help.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“all round amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

on visiting rochester with my mother on many occassions. never really wanting to eat anywhere through lack of places. i was so excited about the new fish and chip restraunt. on entering you could see all was amazing. with the great decor, pretty chanderillas,fancy wall paper the whole works. really is impressive. after being seated by a very polite young lady. we found what we wanted and once our drinks were served to us we ordered our food. food was very promp and a good level of service. was VERY impressed with fish quality. once we had finished out tables were cleared nice and quick so we could continue chatting away. felt so homely and the atmosphere of everyone smiling ect was so warming. overall a very good service and would deffinatly visit again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food