“Touch and go! ” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Rochester
“Touch and go! ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2014

After a long time of boycotting this place due to the terrible service I received a couple of years ago I decided to return. At first it seemed improved, friendly bar staff and good cocktails. It then took a turn for the worse. The staff couldn't be bothered and the bar never had ice so couldn't make cocktails. Apparently it had been unexpectedly busy over the weekend (it was only Saturday night by this point)! I could have walked in the shop two doors down and bought a bag of ice. But anyway, my friends and I didn't visit again for a couple of weeks until another friend insisted. So last weekend I went in and I have to say, the management appears to have noticed that the place was going downhill fast and has replaced all bar staff, bought done ice and reinstated the cocktail menu. It was busier then I have seen it in a long while and there was a nice atmosphere. This place appears to go up and down, but my most recent visit was positive.

“General review”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Myself and a few friends have eaten here and we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. We decided to return over the dickens weekend for a few drinks to celebrate a friends birthday, however we were extremely disappointed in the quality of the door staff that were hired for that night. They were rude, and pretty young, almost trying to prove themselves. I was told by the security to contact their manager if I didn't like their attitude, Dave Back from D&D Security!! Can safely say we will not be returning there.

7 attraction reviews
“Everything has changed for the worse!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Have visited several times before and the staff were very nice and helpful. But this time everything has changed!!! All the good bar staff are almost gone and the atmosphere has gone too!!! Whats happend!!! Wheres |Jamie??? Foo? Corburn?? The only consolation is a couple of the new bar staff Emma and shanice otherwise the place had has its day!!! Such a shame :-(

Visited August 2013
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Didn't get served so left.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Waited for 10 minutes to be served... everyone in the bar looked at us, but didn't serve us. We clearly were waiting... the bar was quiet... and we had our money in our hands and were leaning on the bar.

We walked out as we didn't want to spend our money in a place where there's no service.

“Don't waste your time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

The over all experience I had was a disgrace. My cocktail cost 6 pounds and contained no alcohol just soda water and ICE and not a lot else. After a debate with the manager I recieved a refund and my drink was passed to another customer in front of me. To top it of I was then confronted by the bar maid once I had left the bar 5 minutes down the road as she wanted to insult me further. Me and my friend were both verbally abused by this member of staff who had decided to leave the bar and also threatened violence against us. Never ever again will I return here or recommend. I have never been so insulted and embarrassed by the level of intelligence and customer service that the staff members held.