“Nice castle” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #60 of 108 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Description: Capture the Castle is a coffee shop within a delightful gift shop in Rochester, Kent. A great spot for a tasty lunch and pleasant conversation.
London, England, United Kingdom
“Nice castle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I've been to a lot of tea shops recently but I chose this one to review because it's definitely got the best name. I wanted to come here when I saw it in the street because I like chess and it reminded me of a chess move though you wouldn't really capture a castle you would take it. Also when your a kid you sometimes have a pretend castle so if ever have a tea shop I'll call it take the castle then people won't get confused. Also it probably won't be in Rochester even though Rochester is lovely. It'll be in East London because that's where I live. North East.

So I had a tea and a piece of what I think was definitely home made Victoria sponge which is and has always been my favourite cake. It was smashing and the woman was really nice to me, everything was nice and it was sort of in a shop. The only reason I haven't given it a full 5/5 is that there wasn't that many different cakes to choose from. In fact there were 6. But as i said they had my favourite ever one so for me it is definitely 5/5 but for you maybe 4/5 because you might like a different cake the best.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Kent,
“Easily my favourite tea shop in Rochester”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This place just has 4 or 5 small tables at the back of the shop, small, very clean and cool on hot days it offers something a bit different to the normal tea shops. The service is excellent and very friendly. There were no tables yesterday - its size makes it a nice place, but down side is that tables are hard to get - the owner rang me when one became free. I think the wait is worth it, even though we're talking tea shop here. It has a smallish menu of the usual stuff and a few gateaux but I like the cream teas, two medium sized scones, jam, clotted cream and fresh strawberries £4.25.

• Visited September 2012