“On the Medway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sovereign

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rochester
Sovereign
You added Sovereign to your Saves list
29 Medway Bridge Marina | Manor Lane, Rochester ME1 3HS, England   |
Ranked #4 of 19 Rochester B&B and Inns
Bozeman, Montana
“On the Medway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Ready for a unique experience, my husband and I spent three nights at the Sovreign B&B. We stayed in the blue room which was cozy for two, but found it to be warm and spotlessly clean, thanks to Sue. Bob was master of the traditional English breakfast. Both Bob and Sue were accommodating and flexible in every way; each conversation with them flowed comfortably. They were generous and accurate with their advice about the Rochester area. We highly recommend staying at the Sovreign!

Jane Hawks
Momtana, USA

Room Tip: Secure the lilac room if you want to have plenty of space and a wide view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Spent my wife's birthday weekend in the area and decided to stay on the 'Sovereign' with Su & Bob who were the most accommodating hosts from the word go. Nothing was too much trouble.
Without wishing to duplicate other reviews I concur with all the positive comments made.

We stayed in the lilac room which was different but i loved the freedom it gave on the stern decking area to enjoy the fresh air, view and peace.

Excellent result in choosing this for a quiet, relaxing birthday weekend close to everything we wanted.

Alan & Su
Guildford

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is such an interesting place to stay - my little cabin was very cosy, perfectly clean and an unusual place to stay. The location is very pretty, tide was out when I got there but when I looked out of my window at midnight the tide was right in and it was an even prettier location.
Bob and Sue are lovely people, I was welcomed into their home with a cup of tea and a chat. I felt very relaxed there and I hope I get to go back again some time soon!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Rochester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

On arrival Bob took our bags whilst Sue made us a cuppa. The room was heated up so when we entered it was lovely and warm. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious. A good start to the day. Bob and Sue were very friendly and made us feel really welcome.

• Stayed November 2012
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We arrived on a cold but sunny October afternoon and received a very warm welcome with much-appreciated hot drinks.Enjoyed watching the sunset from our cabin,as well as various birds feeding when the tide was out.Slept soundly in comfortable beds.After an early walk along the riverbank we sat down to a nicely-cooked breakfast.We've never slept on board a boat before so this was a novel and most enjoyable experience.Heartily recommended.Many thanks to Sue and Bob,from Alan and Angela.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had a lovely night stay here, Bob and Sue made us feel very welcome. Breakfast was delicious and they were very helpful with information about the area, taxi numbers etc. It was during a very cold period, the cabin was warm once the electric heater was on, but it would have been nice if they'd kept the heating on in other areas too. Other than that, it's a great place to stay.

jad0reparis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

From the moment I was warmly welcomed until the time I checked out I had a wonderful stay.
I had the nicest, cosiest cabin on the boat and loved the quirkiness of the b&b.
Breakfast was wonderful and Bob and Sue were so welcoming, kind and friendly. We enjoyed good banter with them over breakfast each day.
I would heartily recommend this lovely, good value b&b.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Sovereign? Share your experiences!