“Good Italian menu” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Good Italian menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

i have eaten here several times in recent years, always enjoyed it and, contrary to some other reviewers, have always found the service to be very attentive.
The restaurant is in a good position overlooking the bay and, in warm weather, has plenty outdoor seating where a full menu is served.
Although a little blowy, the protective windbreaks around this area kept us warm enough.
Bruschetta starters were fresh and crisp.
Main courses were Pork Escalopes and, mine, Misto Alla Brace - a delicious combination of squid, swordfish and king prawns. The spinach side dish is done with garlic and chilli.
Washed down with a reasonably priced bottle of rose, this was a very pleasant lunch and I would go back again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“food lovely but way too many tables packed in”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I love going here as I love there main food however their desserts are very poor and are just like ones brought from iceland. The service used to be terrible but they seem much better now.

A downside is the amount of tables that are packed in, you might aswell be sitting with the next table because they are so close, there is no privacy.

Visited April 2013
Broadstairs, England, United Kingdom
“Dreadful service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I went to eat here not long ago with my mother and I have never been to a restaurant which has been as rude as this one. We were not treated well at all, it felt as if we were heard being round up for feeding time. Absolutely awful service.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My partner and I visited the restaurant recently. When we arrived the restaurant was empty. We were not allowed to sit at the back as those tables were kept vacant in case more people arrive, which we understood. Ordering was very quick, we had 2 four cheese pizzas and drinks. Whilst we were waiting the waiter kept coming and checking on us every 30 seconds which was quite disturbing but luckily our pizzas arrived quickly. However the food was very disappointing. We ordered deserts in the hope at least they would be nice, but unfortunately for almost 12 pounds we received 3 supermarket profiterols and small piece of cake which tasted awful. We are not the type of people who complain so we just wanted to get our bill and go. Unfortunatelly it took more than 10 minutes from when we asked for it and our bill still hadn't arrived ( and it wasn’t a busy time, as they had around 5 tables full and and equal amount our staff ). In the end we just walked to the front where we were asked what we would like by one of the waiters as he acknowledged us by lifting his head up. My partner said we would like to pay and finally we got our receipt but unfortunately the person start talking to other members of staff even though my partner had his card in his hand so we had to call him again. Finally we paid and left. Later that evening and during the night my parter and I had both upset tummies which we blame the food for. I think one of the cheeses on the pizza was off.

I never liked the staff in the restaurant ( always rude, no smile, acting confused when spoken to ) but always loved the food. So I am really really disappointed.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Fabulous and authentic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

We absolutely loved this place, it was the best meal we had in Broadstairs. The staff are all Italian and with its location right on the seafront, you could easily have been in Italy rather than Kent! The food was delicious and well cooked (we had risotto & gnocchi), and the wine was lovely and not too dear (pint grigio £6.50 for a 2 glass carafe). I would definitely recommend this place for a special meal. It does get busy though so book or go late (we ate at 9pm on a Sunday and that was fine). We will definitely return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere