“Special breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

01843 865126
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Wyatt & Jones is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 92 restaurants in Broadstairs
Cuisines: British
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: An independent, family owned British restaurant situated on the edge of Viking Bay, Broadstairs.We serve Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Tea and Dinner.
“Special breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I took my little sister for a special birthday breakfast on a Saturday morning and it was beautiful.

There was nothing to fault, the food was beautiful, service impeccable and the views of Viking bay we're stunning even on a rainy day.

All the staff made us feel very welcome which was much appreciated. It's not very often that you can find a restaurant of such high quality that is family friendly at the same time.

I will be back for dinner very soon!

81% Recommend
broadstairs, United Kingdom
“Constantly good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I like ceviche. It's a great dish. So, well done Peru, I salute you. A week in the Amazon, however, had offered me very little to congratulate them on other than their remarkable embracement of blandness. The nadir of this being corn juice (yes it exists) ladled from a grotty bucket by a grinning coffee farmer. Yum. Thankfully my view, my family and my menu were now confirming just how happy I was to be home again. Phew. For five months now Wyatt & Jones have been making us smile, repeatedly dishing up exemplary local produce to the discerning inhabitants of Thanet’s Nappy Valley. When you’ve got a location as good as this you really don’t have to try very hard. The lovely people at Wyatt & Jones couldn’t try any harder. Everything has been thought of and actioned with aplomb. They’ve got one of those effortless interiors that take a lot of effort. The staff are impeccably trained to know the menu and to always be one step ahead. Nothing is ever a problem. The cooking is accomplished, solid and guaranteed to please even the toughest of Peruvian diners. They even bake their own bread, crumpets and muffins. Ooooh! On this visit ten of us occupied one of the few tables I’d not tried during this brief yet enduring romance. The stars of the event were a ray wing (£14), the rump steak (£12), my mixed grill (£17) and the fishcake (£10). The kids menu was, as ever, varied and considered. They don’t tolerate children here, they embrace them so you don’t feel awkward when they act like...children. Breakfast, lunch or dinner in the hands of these lovely restauranteurs always makes life that little bit better. I like Wyatt & Jones. It's a great place. So, well done guys, I salute you too.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Broadstairs
“Best poached egg EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Breakfast is a delight. Title might give away that which I had. Sunday lunch regularly and have enjoyed each very much. Week day meals also good though more limited in menu. Owners and staff a delight. Location lovely. One occasion where the meal was a bit slow in coming - orders got mixed - was made good not simply by the quality of food but by the evident apology and no charge for the bottle of wine. Mistakes can happen in any restaurant; recognition, apology and action are less common. Well done to Wyatt & Jones.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Whitstable, United Kingdom
“A wonderful meal in Broadstairs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We had lunch for 4 at this English restaurant on Saturday 9th November 2013. The weather was atrocious in Broadstairs but the meal was excellent! I soon felt at home and admired the variety of food to choose from. I was tempted to go for the Pig Cheeks while my wife tried the Vegetable Pie and the fourth a Haddock dish. All of us agreed the food was very well prepared and delicious. During the hour we spent we had very attentive service and I enjoyed watching the cooks prepare the meals in the open planned room. I enjoyed the meal so much I fully recommend coming here and the total bill which included coffee, 1 glass of wine, mineral water and 1 Gads number 3 beer was just £61 (£15 each is a rarity nowadays for GOOD food).
Well done!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Poole, United Kingdom
“Average food over priced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Had to wait over 45 minutes for a table despite being half empty, wish I had not bothered

Cockle starter was extremely poor really should have done more than just open up a jar, other starters were also nothing to write home about

Mains of duck again not impressed over cooked, dry and tasteless, fish dish was also very poor

Not great to sit and watch the chef tasting everything in full view before serving it, all with the same spoon

Would not try this place again

Visited October 2013