“great shopping” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 9 Shopping in Broadstairs
Type: Shops, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: Westwood Cross is a pedestrianised shopping centre and has over 50 high street stores, cafes and restaurants. Our anchor stores include M&S, Primark, Debenhams and Next. We also have a Vue Cinema, Casino and Bingo venue on site. Parking is ample and free - all day, every day. We are open until 7.30Pm every weekday. Westwood Cross strives to maintain a clean, friendly and safe shopping environment. Our efforts were rewarded when we were awarded the 2013 Achieving Customer Excellence (ACE) award for best retail/shopping park. We have a team of dedicated and long-standing security and cleaning personnel - some of whom have worked at Westwood Cross since we opened in 2004! There are designated disabled and parent and child parking spaces located around the whole of the car park. The car park is under CCTV surveillance and is partrolled by both Euro Car Parks and our own security team. While you're with us, enjoy a safe and relaxed family shopping experience.
Canterbury, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
“great shopping”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

parking is a nightmare but once you have managed that its great shopping there,Lots of department stores and Debenhams M&S,TK MAX,cant wait for Primark to open.A few pound shops too. All the usual supermarkets. and my favourite is The Range.Poundstretchers Matalan etc,So many to choose from .

Visited July 2012

10 attraction reviews
“My preference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

WestwoodX is great for those living in East Kent. Shopping is good, there's nice places to eat around there and they have a cinema complex too.

London
7 attraction reviews
“Good for leisure shopping”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I have to admit that I use Westwood Cross as a bit of a rainy day activity if the weather is poor while I am holidaying in Broadstairs (this is England after all). There is a Vue cinema which can offer a welcome distraction, but there is also a range of shops and cafes etc, including M&S, Debenhams, a big Next, TK Max. Parking is easy and all the big supermarkets have a superstore nearby - Sainsbury's Tesco, Asda. It's not Westfield, but I think it offers a good and much-needed service to the Thanet area.

Visited June 2012
“over the top security staff & you are watched all the time!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012 via mobile

seems to be very little parking even when the centre is quite!! Have friends who work there & they say that all the staff that work at the centre are allowed to park in the centre, this leaves little space for customers. Debenhams coffee shop is very over priced, when I complained to Mr Vesty the manager I was told "sorry, but if you dont like it, go somewhere else" I was followed by there female loss prevention staff after my complaint until I left the store! When Asked them why they where following me I was told by "Helen" that "I was causing problems in store" try another cafe or coffee shop in the centre, much better & cheaper choice available.

SOUTHEND-on-Sea, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Good selection of shops, restaurants and a cinema”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

We visited three times whist on holiday in Broadstaors as my brother and sister were staying in the local Travelodge. The location has a Vue cinema (with cheap childrens films in the morning) and a good selction of restauarants and shops including M&S and Debenhams. There is plenty of parking. There is an Asda, Tescos and Sainsburys nearby for all your holiday shopping needs. The roads around the area are congested, so we would advise visiting in early evening after rush hour.

Visited July 2011