“Nandos - I shouldnt have liked but it crikey I did!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #73 of 101 Restaurants in Broadstairs
Cuisines: Portuguese, Grill
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Nandos - I shouldnt have liked but it crikey I did!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

So one of the kids partners has won us a free meal at a place called Nandos (see I'm hating it already..) which is one of these new fangled eating place at Westwood Cross (a nightmare all of its own - ask any bloke who has to go there..).
Its basically spicy chicken variations in a sort of Brazilian setting (yep still hating the idea of it). I go determined to be a grumpy old man about it all. Why cant we just stay in and have Sunday roast like normal people?
So we arrive, a very cheery young man guides us to a rather pleasant seating arrangement - there lots of large plants in large pots and watery sort of feng shui arrangements. There's lots of young people around quite clearly enjoying themselves and the background music isnt very loud. All the young folk look tanned and healthy. The waiter brings me a very cold Brazilian type beer (at least thats what the label says) and all of a sudden Im being won over by this stuff.
Very soon some spicy chicken, with side dishes is plonked in front of me by a waitress with a winning smile. I try the spicy chicken. Its fantastic. Im starting to hate myself. All the young folk are enjoying themselves even more, the beer is replaced, my wife smiles at me (the first time in days). Gosh - I like it here. Yep, Im coming back. Good grief!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Always Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Can't beat Nando's for chicken ... Fact, well apart from in the Algarve that is and to be honest its cheaper to go to Westwood Cross than it is Faro. Good service, sometimes a touch slow, always great tasting and always great value.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“Queuing for 40 minutes!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

What a nightmare place at weekends ! We queued for 40 minutes to order and only two people on the floor serving. Wo t go again unless it is quiet in the week.

Visited November 2012
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Great Night Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I've only eaten here three times but each time has been an improvement over the previous. My first meal here was cold though so it would be hard to no improve on that. We went here on a Tuesday for my grandson's birthday and managed to fill one of their large round tables. The service , food and atmosphere have all improved considerably, with the only downside being the lack of Sangria. It takes a few visits to learn your way around the menu so I'm almost there. I recommend this place for well cooked chicken dishes brought to you by genuinely friendly staff.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Now I know where all the sparrows have gone!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have just paid my first ever visit to Nando's. My step-daughter raves about the place, and today, my wife and I, and the family, went there. I was impressed by the cleanliness and the atmosphere, and the staff were pleasant and friendly. However, the food, although very good, and nicely presented, was, I felt, rather expensive for what it was. My chicken burger, served with chips and coleslaw, came to nearly £10. There was very little chicken in the burger - it was more like the breast of a much smaller bird, hence the title of this review - but what there was was very nice indeed. Afterwards, I tried to order carrot cake, only to be informed that they were out of carrot cake. My second choice was chocolate cheesecake, which was absolutely delicious, but for over £4 , I would have expected a larger portion. To conclude, a very nice meal indeed, just not that much of it.

• Visited March 2013