“Now I know where all the sparrows have gone!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #65 of 92 restaurants in Broadstairs
Cuisines: Portuguese, Grill
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Now I know where all the sparrows have gone!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have just paid my first ever visit to Nando's. My step-daughter raves about the place, and today, my wife and I, and the family, went there. I was impressed by the cleanliness and the atmosphere, and the staff were pleasant and friendly. However, the food, although very good, and nicely presented, was, I felt, rather expensive for what it was. My chicken burger, served with chips and coleslaw, came to nearly £10. There was very little chicken in the burger - it was more like the breast of a much smaller bird, hence the title of this review - but what there was was very nice indeed. Afterwards, I tried to order carrot cake, only to be informed that they were out of carrot cake. My second choice was chocolate cheesecake, which was absolutely delicious, but for over £4 , I would have expected a larger portion. To conclude, a very nice meal indeed, just not that much of it.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

58% Recommend
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Can't stop going here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is one of the better Nando's. It has a very nice layout. They keep the brown wooden Nando's interior but it is still quite modern and is a single open space which is a good size without being too large.

I have gone here once or twice a month for nearly the last 5 years. The experience is generally quite good though there have been a couple of occasions when we haven't liked the staff's attitude.

The best thing about Nando's is their spicy peri peri based food which is inexpensive and delicious. This particular branch has plenty of large round tables which means you can sit comfortably.

The cons are that there can be a long wait on weekend evenings (which is mostly when we go). Parking can be a hassle. I have resorted to parking at the mall which is about a 100 yards away and is empty because the shops have closed by the time we get there. In cold weather the draught can be annoying if you get a table near the door.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“Our Favourite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Only just discovered this branch and have been here at least 4 times, good staff, friendly and good service.

Visited January 2013
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I visited for first time this month being sceptical and the food I wasn't sure what to expect, the service was a little strange however I found the meal to be very good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
ramsgate
“peri peri good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

lovely food, nice atmosphere, some rubbish tables around but waiters happy to move us. lovely food, chicken on the small side which was disappointing. nice range of suaces to choose from and like the fact that you chose and fill you own drink. service at the front is very slow but friendly all the same. Nice enough

Visited October 2012