“Burrow House” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Burrow House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Broadstairs
Burrow House
You added Burrow House to your Saves list
Granville Road, Broadstairs CT10 1QD, England   |
Ranked #8 of 26 Broadstairs B&B and Inns
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
“Burrow House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

For our one year anniversary I decided to take my wife to Broadstairs to see the beautiful Kent Coast Line. We booked into the Burrow House and were fabulously looked after by the owner Gavin. We stayed in the Hosford-Tanner room with its huge bed and beautiful decoration. The whole house was smart, clean and very stylish and the other guests were extremely friendly.

For an extra treat we decided to book the Gourmet Meal for the Saturday night, we were treated to a fantastic five course meal in beautiful surroundings. It truly was a brilliant private fine dining experience which I have yet to experience elsewhere. Many thanks to Gavin for making our weekend truly special and the local beaches are very beautiful even though the sun was hiding.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Burrow House, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear Oliver

When I am entrusted to look after a couple for their first wedding anniversary it does make one feel a little under pressure as you want it to be perfect for them, so it is always so nice to hear that I have made you both so happy and contented.
Thank you so much for your kind words and finding the time to post your review.
Kindest regards

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Stevenage, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Gavin, thank you so much for making our first visit to Broadstairs so special. The room was absolutely gorgeous and the breakfast was divine and hearty!! We will most definitely visit again and recommend to all. You have really understood what makes a 5 star first class service. Laura & Matthew, Herts.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
LewisCox50, Owner at Burrow House, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Dear Laura

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at Burrow House and your point about five star service was a kind and considerated observation.
It really does mean so much to me when guests like you take the time and trouble to leave such positive feedback and it spurs me on to go the extra mile to make sure all of our guests have just a perfect break while staying.

Kindest regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

Heartily recommended. A no brainer. I booked a gourmet weekend at burrow house for my boyfriend's birthday. Accommodation is elegant, and comfortable - a real delight. Everything, from the rooms themselves and the furniture right down to the finishing touches, is to a high standard. The same can be said of the way Gavin, the owner and chef, runs the place. As a host he has the right balance between attentiveness and leaving you in peace. Nothing was too much trouble. The gourmet night was excellent, and well worth the money. I enjoyed being involved in selecting the menu and wines (though you could equally leave it to Gavin) and the food and service on the night was excellent. Top quality local ingredients, superbly cooked, beautifully presented and served. Breakfast was the same - fresh fruit and, if you want cooked breakfast, everything cooked fresh to order. Everything a B&B should be and more. Thank you!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
LewisCox50, Owner at Burrow House, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear Sarah

What a lovely reveiw, I loved looking after you both and your feedback has made it so worthwhile.
I am glad you enjoyed your Gourmet Weekend and hope you may find time to return to Burrow House in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Absolutely charming & divine ! A wonderful welcome, gorgeous rooms, a calm ambience, it felt we had come to stay with old friends. The breakfast was delicious cooked to perfection with service to match. The attention to the detail of Burrow House makes it special and all this enhanced by Gavin's exceptional hospitality. We cannot forget to mention Gavin's son 7yr old Harry who made the trip for our 8yr old son just perfect as they kicked a football around together! Thanks Harry :) who is equally as charming. We were looking to escape London & have re-charging, quality time together as a family and we found this at Burrow House and Broadstairs. There is no question that we shall be back. A big thank you.
Our tip to visitors of all ages: Crazy Golf a must - much fun and laughter.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
LewisCox50, Owner at Burrow House, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
It was just so nice to meet you all, and I must say that Harry was just as thrilled to have found a new freind to play with.
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at Burrow House and next time I will have the crab lines and buckets and spades ready for you to explore the beaches and rock pools, here comes summer!, oh and not to forget a couple of nice Gin and tonics for mum and dad to enjoy in the drawing room after the children have been exhausted.

kind regards

Dartford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Booked this delightful B&B in Broadstairs at the last minute and what a gorgeous guest house it is. Would recommend this to anyone. The accommodation is five star and Gavin the owner is extremely friendly, polite and welcoming. The breakfast was amazing. Outstanding property and in a great location

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
LewisCox50, Owner at Burrow House, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear Theresa
Thank you for posting such a nice reveiw and I am glad that you found Burrow House a pleasant suprise.
I am also glad that the weather decided to behave and managed to shine for all who stayed that weekend, I look forward to welcomeing you back to Burrow House in the future when you next decide to visit Broadstairs.

Higham, Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I stayed here with three other couples for a celebration of my 40th Birthday. Chosen by my husband for a truly memorable weekend away. Wow, it was fantastic and everything I could of hoped for. Emma and I shared many happy holidays in Broadstairs as children and to return and stay at Burrow House was absolutely amazing. Gavin was the perfect host and provided a professional but friendly service. The evening meal was superb, fantastic quality and full of flavour. The location is great and within walking distance of the bandstand and beach. Gavin also provided us with a fantastic selection of fruit and yoghurts for breakfast, followed by a traditional english breakfast. The waiting staff were fantastic during the evening meal. There when you needed them but not intrusive. A truly lovely experience for us all. We are planning to visit with the children next time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
LewisCox50, Owner at Burrow House, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
Dear Julie

I am so pleased you enjoyed your Gourmet Birthday weekend at Burrow House, It was just so nice to see you all with your freinds laughing and being so relaxed, it was a real pleasure to look after you all and once again thank you so much for your kind comments.
I look forward to welcomeing you back to Burrow House with your family, when we will all hopefully enjoy a barbecue Summer.

East Anglia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Hectic week - in the car .. out of the car ... thousands of miles ... work, kids, dishwasher dogs ... THEN . school concert 2 hours drive.. rain .. storm .. quite late at night .. and a new destination .. a gift ... a night at Burrow House, Broadstairs - unpack the bags from the car .. climb the stairs and - WOW! What a lovely lovely wecome. Charming room - lovely bed - THE BEST SHEETS in the world ... goose duvet .... warm towels .. whole bar of fresh soap .... lovely hot bath (forgot my own bubbles - boo)... cup of tea .. .... local glossy mags to learn from .......great movie with Robert Redford (couldnt have booked that!!!!) then 9 hours sleep ..sweet dreams.. gorgeous breakfast ... well set and prepared table, delish fresh fruit .. lots of juice ... (loved the dining chairs ?? Belgian ... and the double aspect windows .. there's a first for me) ... lovely other guests sharing the dining room .... packed the car and hit reality feeling 200% better ,,,,,,,,, the calm of Gavin's Burrow House had worked a treat. Thank you

Room Tip: I suspect all rooms are lovely ... the house is tall - so dont take the top room if youre ready to h...