“You get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Telephone: 01363 774248
Exeter, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Yes, it may be cheap and have great deals but the customer service is slow and the food horrible - dried up sausages and mash, burgers "alright" according to kids and husbands chicken dish dried out. Also not very hot.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

53% Recommend
Wellington, United Kingdom
“Best Value Restaurant in Crediton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

My wife and I eat regularly in the Red Deer usually at least once per month and more recently weekly. The food choice is always excellent cooked well and served on hot plates, which seems to be a problem for some restaurants. The staff are always friendly and the service is prompt and efficient. The two for one deal is incredible value and for around £25.00 for 2 you can get drinks and a sweet too. Would highly recommend you visit if you are in the Crediton area.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Great Torrington, England, United Kingdom
“Customer service is terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

6 of us visited the red Deer today, 22-5-13. Two of our party were our grand kids 11 and 8 and they wanted to play in the outside play area so we found a table by the window which seated 4 so shifted the next table join ours so all 6 could sit together and we had a view of the kids whilst they were playing outside.

A young man came over and told us that we cannot shift the tables and if we need to sit 6 we will need to move. I advised him that we wish to be able to see the kids when they are outside playing, he said you have to move the table back so I asked him if he would watch the kids and take responsibility to which he replied if it means that much to you I will ask if it is ok. Another person then came over so I asked him the same question and he decided to leave us alone and keep the table in the position it was.

We were the only people in the pub at that time and the table in question was not reserved.

It is shocking to think that they would put children's safety above the position of a table.

Will NOT be returning.

The customer is always right!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“No atmosphere pre prepared frozen food cooked horrendously”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I went with my family and the place was quiet to say the least. Children's meals I wouldn't feed a dog. Over cooked thin burgers and stale buns. My meal was definitely not as expected two tortillas filled with what can best be described as tinned tomato chicken. Then ordered hunters chicken as a replacement and it only took a couple of minutes to arrive. It could only by a frozen ping ping meal. I am one local never returning.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bideford, United Kingdom
“Birthday Bash”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

4 of us had lunch May 9th 2013 - I had eaten there before and found it very good but my fussy friends were concerned about some poor reviews! But said afterwards - were they talking about the same place? We were made very welcome by friendly lady at the bar. We all ordered different main courses & desserts & drinks. Clean plates all round! Repeat wine orders. And it's so lovely to have lots room between tables. Absolutely spotless loo's too! A great birthday bash venue and amazing value!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere